'Presently' in the Bible
And if any man said unto him, Let them not fail to burn the fat presently, and then take as much as thy soul desireth; then he would answer him, Nay; but thou shalt give it me now: and if not, I will take it by force.
After all, even though we all die, and we're all like water being spilled on the ground that cannot be recovered, nevertheless God doesn't take away life, but carries out his plans so as not to cast away permanently from him those who are presently estranged.
I am presently eighty years old. Am I able to discern good and bad? Can I taste what I eat and drink? Am I still able to hear the voices of male and female singers? Why should I continue to be a burden to my lord the king?
May you demonstrate wholehearted devotion to the Lord our God by following his rules and obeying his commandments, as you are presently doing."
A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.
And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
and having come in immediately with haste unto the king, she asked, saying, 'I will that thou mayest give me presently, upon a plate, the head of John the Baptist.'
Presently a party of Pharisees come to Him with the question--seeking to entrap Him, "May a man divorce his wife?"
If anyone asks you, Why are you doing this? answer, The Lord needs it, and He will send it back here presently.
and his mouth was opened presently, and his tongue, and he was speaking, praising God.
and having stood over her, he rebuked the fever, and it left her, and presently, having risen, she was ministering to them.
And presently having risen before them, having taken up that on which he was lying, he went away to his house, glorifying God,
having come near behind, touched the fringe of his garment, and presently the issue of her blood stood.
And the woman, having seen that she was not hid, trembling, came, and having fallen before him, for what cause she touched him declared to him before all the people, and how she was healed presently;
and her spirit came back, and she arose presently, and he directed that there be given to her to eat;
and he laid on her his hands, and presently she was set upright, and was glorifying God.
and presently he did receive sight, and was following him, glorifying God; and all the people, having seen, did give praise to God.
And while they are hearing these things, having added he spake a simile, because of his being nigh to Jerusalem, and of their thinking that the reign of God is about presently to be made manifest.
and Peter said, 'Man, I have not known what thou sayest;' and presently, while he is speaking, a cock crew.
Presently, when a woman of Samaria came along to draw water, Jesus said to her, Give Me a drink -- "
And having seized him by the right hand, he raised him up, and presently his feet and ankles were strengthened,
and she fell down presently at his feet, and expired, and the young men having come in, found her dead, and having carried forth, they buried her by her husband;
And immediately there fell from his eyes as it were scales, he saw again also presently, and having risen, was baptized,
and presently there smote him a messenger of the Lord, because he did not give the glory to God, and having been eaten of worms, he expired.
and now, lo, a hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season;' and presently there fell upon him a mist and darkness, and he, going about, was seeking some to lead him by the hand;
and suddenly a great earthquake came, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken, opened also presently were all the doors, and of all -- the bands were loosed;
and having taken them, in that hour of the night, he did bathe them from the blows, and was baptized, himself and all his presently,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Ever-present (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Misrepresent (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Misrepresentation (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Misrepresenting (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Misrepresents (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Present (734 instances in 14 translations)
- Present-day (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presentability (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Presentable (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Presentation (33 instances in 5 translations)
- Presented (203 instances in 13 translations)
- Presenter (6 instances in 1 translation)
- Presenteth (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Presenting (52 instances in 12 translations)
- Presents (95 instances in 13 translations)
- Represent (28 instances in 8 translations)
- Representation (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Representations (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Representative (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Representatives (40 instances in 6 translations)
- Represented (9 instances in 5 translations)
- Representing (16 instances in 6 translations)
- Represents (16 instances in 8 translations)
- Unpresentable (1 instance in 4 translations)