'Right' in the Bible
But it is from Him that you have your life in Christ Jesus, Whom God made our Wisdom from God, [revealed to us a knowledge of the divine plan of salvation previously hidden, manifesting itself as] our Righteousness [thus making us upright and putting us in right standing with God], and our Consecration [making us pure and holy], and our Redemption [providing our ransom from eternal penalty for sin].
And it is right for such servants to be safe persons.
for of nothing to myself have I been conscious, but not in this have I been declared right -- and he who is discerning me is the Lord:
We are hungry, thirsty, dressed in rags, brutally treated, and homeless, right up to the present.
I am not saying these things to put you to shame, but so that, as my dear children, you may see what is right.
Let us then keep the feast, not with old leaven, and not with the leaven of evil thoughts and acts, but with the unleavened bread of true thoughts and right feelings.
What [business] of mine is it and what right have I to judge outsiders? Is it not those inside [the church] upon whom you are to pass disciplinary judgment [passing censuring sentence on them as the facts require]?
Does any of you dare, when he has a matter of complaint against another [brother], to go to law before unrighteous men [men neither upright nor right with God, laying it before them] instead of before the saints (the people of God)?
Do you not know also that we [Christians] are to judge the [very] angels and pronounce opinion between right and wrong [for them]? How much more then [as to] matters pertaining to this world and of this life only!
Let the husband give to the wife what is right; and let the wife do the same to the husband.
Do not keep back from one another what is right, but only for a short time, and by agreement, so that you may give yourselves to prayer, and come together again; so that Satan may not get the better of you through your loss of self-control.
Now I say this for your profit; not to make things hard for you, but because of what is right, and so that you may be able to give all your attention to the things of the Lord.
But if any man thinks that he is not acting properly toward and in regard to his virgin [that he is preparing disgrace for her or incurring reproach], in case she is passing the bloom of her youth and if there is need for it, let him do what to him seems right; he does not sin; let them marry.
But if a father stands firm in his resolve, being free from all external constraint and having a legal right to act as he pleases, and in his own mind has come to the decision to keep his daughter unmarried, he will do well.
It is right for a wife to be with her husband as long as he is living; but when her husband is dead, she is free to be married to another; but only to a Christian.
If anyone seems to himself to have knowledge, so far he has not the right sort of knowledge about anything;
But be careful that this right of yours in no way becomes a stumbling block to the weak.
Don't we have the right to eat and drink?
Don't we have the right to be accompanied by a Christian wife, like the other apostles, the Lord's brothers, and Cephas?
Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working?
For it says in the law of Moses, It is not right to keep the ox from taking the grain when he is crushing it. Is it for the oxen that God is giving orders?
Or has he us in mind? Yes, it was said for us; because it is right for the ploughman to do his ploughing in hope, and for him who is crushing the grain to do his work hoping for a part in the fruits of it.
If others enjoy this right over you, don't we have a stronger claim? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we tolerate everything in order not to put an obstacle in the way of the gospel of the Messiah.
What is the reward then that I have? That in announcing the glad tidings I make the glad tidings costless to others, so as not to have made use, as belonging to me, of my right in announcing the glad tidings.
Now these things befell them by way of a figure [as an example and warning to us]; they were written to admonish and fit us for right action by good instruction, we in whose days the ages have reached their climax (their consummation and concluding period).
Whatever meat may be had at the public market, take as food without question of right or wrong;
If a Gentile makes a feast for you, and you are pleased to go as a guest, take whatever is put before you, without question of right or wrong.
But if anyone says to you, This food has been used as an offering, do not take it, on account of him who said it, and on account of his sense of right and wrong:
Right and wrong, I say, not for you, but for the other man; for the fact that I am free is not dependent on another man's sense of right or wrong.
For it is not right for a man to have his head covered, because he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
For this reason it is right for the woman to have a sign of authority on her head, because of the angels.
Be judges yourselves of the question: does it seem right for a woman to take part in prayer unveiled?
But about the things of the spirit, my brothers, it is not right for you to be without teaching.
It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I should be right glad were you all to speak in 'tongues,' but yet more glad were you all to prophesy. And, in fact, the man who prophesies is superior to him who speaks in 'tongues,' except when the latter can interpret in order that the Church may get a blessing.
What then, brethren, is [the right course]? When you meet together, each one has a hymn, a teaching, a disclosure of special knowledge or information, an utterance in a [strange] tongue, or an interpretation of it. [But] let everything be constructive and edifying and for the good of all.
Let women keep quiet in the churches: for it is not right for them to be talking; but let them be under control, as it says in the law.
Let all things be done in the right and ordered way.
And last of all, as by one whose birth was out of the right time, he was seen by me.
For I am the least of the Apostles, having no right to be named an Apostle, because of my cruel attacks on the church of God.
But every man in his right order: Christ the first-fruits; then those who are Christ's at his coming.
Become right-minded and stop sinning, because some people are ignorant about God. I say this to your shame.
For I am unwilling to see you right now [just] in passing, but I hope later to remain for some time with you, if the Lord permits.
See then that he has the honour which is right. But send him on his way in peace, so that he may come to me: for I am looking for him with the brothers.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (51)
- Exodus (29)
- Leviticus (29)
- Numbers (43)
- Deuteronomy (38)
- Joshua (23)
- Judges (40)
- Ruth (11)
- 1 Samuel (39)
- 2 Samuel (50)
- 1 Kings (52)
- 2 Kings (48)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (42)
- Ezra (8)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (6)
- Job (64)
- Psalm (137)
- Proverbs (77)
- Ecclesiastes (15)
- Song of Songs (3)
- Isaiah (80)
- Jeremiah (57)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (71)
- Daniel (11)
- Hosea (8)
- Joel (2)
- Amos (9)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (8)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (11)
- Malachi (4)
- Matthew (57)
- Mark (39)
- Luke (55)
- John (28)
- Acts (40)
- Romans (50)
- 1 Corinthians (46)
- 2 Corinthians (17)
- Galatians (17)
- Ephesians (12)
- Philippians (8)
- Colossians (7)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (6)
- 1 Timothy (20)
- 2 Timothy (7)
- Titus (13)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (10)
- 1 Peter (14)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (6)
- 3 John (4)
- Revelation (25)
- Affright (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Affrighted (39 instances in 5 translations)
- Affrighteth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Alright (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Birthright (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Bright (116 instances in 14 translations)
- Brighten (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightened (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightening (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Brightens (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Brighter (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Brightest (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Brightly (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Brightness (48 instances in 13 translations)
- Downright (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faith-righteousness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Fright (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Frighten (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Frightened (81 instances in 11 translations)
- Frighteneth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Frightening (11 instances in 6 translations)
- Frightens (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Frightful (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Makeupright (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Outright (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Over-righteous (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-hand (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Right-handed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Righted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Righteous (474 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteously (39 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteousness (471 instances in 14 translations)
- Righteousnesses (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Rightful (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightfully (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightly (54 instances in 14 translations)
- Rightness (31 instances in 1 translation)
- Rights (118 instances in 11 translations)
- Shipwrights (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unrighteous (41 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteously (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Unrighteousness (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteousnesses (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Upright (444 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Uprightly (40 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightness (98 instances in 13 translations)
- Uprights (20 instances in 3 translations)
- A Righteous People
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Animal Rights
- Blessings For The Right Hand
- Christ Our Righteousness
- Christ's Right Hand
- Civic Righteousness
- Clothed With Righteousness
- Death Of The Righteous
- Delighting, Right Kinds Of
- Distinctives Of Righteousness
- Doing Right
- Evil For The Right Hand
- Fruits Of Righteousness
- God Does Right For People
- God Doing Right
- God Seeing The Righteous
- God's Truth
- God's Word Is Righteous
- God, Righteousness Of
- Hating The Righteous
- Hope For The Righteous
- Imputed Righteousness
- Judging Rightly
- Knowing Right And Wrong
- Learning The Right Way
- Numbers Of Righteous People
- Other Right Parts
- Paths Of Righteousness
- People In Righteousness
- People Who Did Right
- Right Desires
- Right Hand Of God
- Right Living As Food
- Right Measures
- Right Sacrifices
- Right Sides
- Right Time For God
- Right Time For People
- Right Time For The Devil
- Right Use Of Wealth
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteous By Obedience
- Righteous, The
- Righteousness Of Christ
- Righteousness imputed
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Righteousness, Of Believers
- Self Righteousness, And The Gospel
- Self Righteousness, Nature Of
- Smiting Of The Righteous
- The Lips Of The Righteous
- The Recompense Of The Righteous
- The Right Time
- The Righteous Perishing
- The Righteous Prosper
- The church
- Thinking Aright
- Those Frightened Of God
- Thoughts Of The Righteous
- Turning To Right And Left
- White And Bright Clothes