'Three' in the Bible
The sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah: which three were born unto him of the daughter of Shua the Canaanitess. And Er, the firstborn of Judah, was evil in the sight of the LORD; and he slew him.
Whose sisters were Zeruiah, and Abigail. And the sons of Zeruiah; Abishai, and Joab, and Asahel, three.
Zeruiah's three sons were Abishai, Joab, and Asahel. Abigail bore Amasa, whose father was Jether the Ishmaelite.
And Segub begat Jair, who had three and twenty cities in the land of Gilead.
These six were born unto him in Hebron; and there he reigned seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years.
And the sons of Neariah; Elioenai, and Hezekiah, and Azrikam, three.
The sons of Benjamin; Bela, and Becher, and Jediael, three.
So Saul died, and his three sons, and all his house died together.
And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.
And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo, the Ahohite, who was one of the three mighties.
And Eleazar [one of the Three] stood in the midst of that plot and defended it and slew the Philistines [until his hand was weary, and his hand cleaved to the sword], and the Lord saved by a great victory and deliverance.
Now three of the thirty captains went down to the rock to David, into the cave of Adullam; and the host of the Philistines encamped in the valley of Rephaim.
And the three brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: but David would not drink of it, but poured it out to the LORD,
And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest.
And Abishai the brother of Joab, he was chief of the three: for lifting up his spear against three hundred, he slew them, and had a name among the three.
Of the three, he was more honourable than the two; for he was their captain: howbeit he attained not to the first three.
These things did Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and had the name among the three mighties.
Behold, he was honourable among the thirty, but attained not to the first three: and David set him over his guard.
And Jehoiada was the leader of the Aaronites, and with him were three thousand and seven hundred;
And of the children of Benjamin, the kindred of Saul, three thousand: for hitherto the greatest part of them had kept the ward of the house of Saul.
And there they were with David three days, eating and drinking: for their brethren had prepared for them.
And the ark of God remained with the family of Obededom in his house three months. And the LORD blessed the house of Obededom, and all that he had.
Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.
Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.
The sons of Laadan; the chief was Jehiel, and Zetham, and Joel, three.
The sons of Shimei; Shelomith, and Haziel, and Haran, three. These were the chief of the fathers of Laadan.
The sons of Mushi; Mahli, and Eder, and Jeremoth, three.
The three and twentieth to Delaiah, the four and twentieth to Maaziah.
All these were the sons of Heman the king's seer in the words of God, to lift up the horn. And God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.
The three and twentieth to Mahazioth, he, his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
Even three thousand talents of gold, of the gold of Ophir, and seven thousand talents of refined silver, to overlay the walls of the houses withal:
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (29)
- Exodus (37)
- Leviticus (6)
- Numbers (53)
- Deuteronomy (9)
- Joshua (13)
- Judges (19)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (26)
- 2 Samuel (24)
- 1 Kings (22)
- 2 Kings (20)
- 1 Chronicles (32)
- 2 Chronicles (28)
- Ezra (20)
- Nehemiah (14)
- Esther (3)
- Job (11)
- Proverbs (5)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Isaiah (6)
- Jeremiah (9)
- Ezekiel (47)
- Daniel (19)
- Amos (11)
- Jonah (2)
- Zechariah (1)
- Thread (31 instances in 13 translations)
- Threadbare (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Threads (15 instances in 4 translations)
- Threat (12 instances in 9 translations)
- Threaten (19 instances in 11 translations)
- Threatened (43 instances in 13 translations)
- Threatening (17 instances in 12 translations)
- Threateningly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Threatenings (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Threatens (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Threats (21 instances in 9 translations)
- Three-and-twentieth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Three-day (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Three-month (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Three-pronged (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Three-quarters (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Three-score (91 instances in 4 translations)
- Three-storied (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Three-stranded (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Three-stringed (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Three-tenth (7 instances in 1 translation)
- Three-tenths (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Three-year (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Three-year-old (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Threefold (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Thresh (11 instances in 12 translations)
- Threshed (12 instances in 12 translations)
- Thresher (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Threshes (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Threshest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Thresheth (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Threshing (26 instances in 12 translations)
- Threshing-floor (40 instances in 13 translations)
- Threshing-floors (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Threshing-sledge (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Threshing-sledges (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Threshing-wain (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Threshingplace (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Threshold (31 instances in 12 translations)
- Thresholds (13 instances in 12 translations)
- Threw (215 instances in 13 translations)
- Threwest (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Acting Three Times
- Communicating Three Times
- Dividing Into Three Groups
- Dividing Into Three Things
- Every Three Years
- God In Three Persons
- Three And A Half Years
- Three Animals
- Three Children
- Three Cities
- Three Days
- Three Days And Nights
- Three Groups
- Three Hours
- Three Hundred And Above
- Three Men
- Three Or Four
- Three Other Things
- Three Parts Of Constructions