'Fear the Lord' in the Bible
Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.
When they first lived there, they did not fear the Lord. So the Lord sent lions among them, which killed some of them.
Then one of the priests whom they had carried away from Samaria came and dwelt in Bethel, and taught them how they should fear the LORD.
While they continued to fear the LORD, they served their own gods, following the custom of the nations whom they had carried away from there.
Unto this day they do after their former custom: they do not fear the Lord [as God sees it], neither do they obey the statutes or the ordinances or the law and commandment which the Lord commanded the children of Jacob, whom He named Israel,
Instead, fear the Lord, who brought you from the land of Egypt with great power and an outstretched arm. You are to bow down to Him, and you are to sacrifice to Him.
but fear the Lord your God, and He will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies."
And even so did these nations fear the LORD and serve their images thereto: and so did their children, and their children's children too. Even as did their fathers, so do they unto this day.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Do Not Fear (119 instances in 22 translations)
- Fear and Trembling (10 instances in 36 translations)
- Fear Before Him (9 instances in 15 translations)
- Fear God and Keep His Commandments (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Fear is on Every Side (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Fear Not (108 instances in 31 translations)
- Fear of God (55 instances in 37 translations)
- Fear of the Lord (72 instances in 32 translations)
- Fear the Name of the Lord (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Fear Your Name (5 instances in 10 translations)
- Filled with Fear (18 instances in 27 translations)
- For Fear of the Jews (3 instances in 31 translations)
- In the Fear of the Lord (18 instances in 30 translations)
- Love Casts Out Fear (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Love Drives Out Fear (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Casting Out Fear
- Confidence In God, Removes Fear
- Do Not Fear
- Do Not Fear For God Will Help
- Do Not Fear Men
- Examples Of Fearful Men
- Fear And Animals
- Fear God!
- Fear Is Due
- Fear Of Christ
- Fear Of Death
- Fear Of Enemies
- Fear Of God
- Fear Of God, Examples Of
- Fear Of God, Results Of
- Fear Of Individuals
- Fear Of Man
- Fear Of Other Things
- Fear Of Stoning
- Fear Of The Lord
- Fear Turned To Assurance
- Fear Will Come
- Fear, Caused By
- Fear, Of Death
- Fear, Of Future
- Fear, Of Natural
- Fear, Of Persecution
- Fear, Of Unknown
- Fear, Overcome By
- Fearing God's Word