'For Us' in the Bible
It was to you first that God sent His Servant and Son Jesus, when He raised Him up [ provided and gave Him for us], to bless you in turning every one of you from your wickedness and evil ways.
There is no salvation by anyone else, nor even a second Name under heaven appointed for us men and our salvation."
But Peter and John answered them, "Whether it's right in the sight of God [for us] to listen to you rather than to God, you decide;
for as for us we cannot refrain from speaking of the things which we have seen and heard.
Then the Twelve summoned the whole company of the disciples and said, "It would not be right for us to give up preaching about God to wait on tables.
But, as for us, we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the delivery of the Message."
They said to Aaron, "'Make gods for us, to march in front of us; for as for this Moses who brought us out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.'
"You brothers, descendants of Abraham's family and those of you who respect God very much, this message of salvation was intended for us.
This He has completely fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus, as it is written in the second psalm, You are My Son; today I have begotten You [ caused You to arise, to be born; formally shown You to be the Messiah by the resurrection].
strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that it was necessary for us to enter into the kingdom of God through many tribulations.
And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
If then we are the offspring of God, it is not right for us to have the idea that God is like gold or silver or stone, formed by the art or design of man.
Now not only there is danger for us that our business come into discredit, but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis be counted for nothing, and that her greatness should be destroyed whom the whole of Asia and the world reveres.
These going before tarried for us at Troas.
but the young man was brought in alive and well, to the joy of the whole assembly. As for us, we embark'd, and sail'd to Assos,
And when it came to pass for us to finish the days, having gone forth, we were departing, all accompanying us, with women and children, as far as outside the city. And having knelt on the beach we prayed.
As for us, our voyage was over when having sailed from Tyre we reached Ptolemais. here we inquired after the welfare of the brethren, and remained a day with them.
And when it was determined for us to sail to Italy, they delivered Paul and certain others bound to a centurion named Julius, of Augustus' band.
There Julius, the military officer, arranged [passage] for us on a ship, [originating] from Alexandria, [and] bound for Italy, and put us on board.
It took several days of slow sailing for us to come with difficulty off Cnidus; from which point, as the wind did not allow us to get on in the direct course, we ran under the lee of Crete by Salmone.
And neither sun nor stars appearing for many days, and no small tempest impending, finally all hope for us to be saved was removed.
And the simple people living there were uncommonly kind to us, for they made a fire for us, and took us in, because it was raining and cold.
They also loaded us with honours, and when at last we sailed they put supplies on board for us.
When the brothers had news for us they came out from town as far as Appius Forum (Market place on the Appian Road) and the Three Taverns to have a meeting with us. Paul saw them and praised God. He was encouraged.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (18)
- Exodus (18)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (10)
- Deuteronomy (14)
- Joshua (6)
- Judges (10)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (15)
- 2 Samuel (9)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (7)
- Ezra (10)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Job (3)
- Psalm (26)
- Proverbs (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (17)
- Jeremiah (20)
- Lamentations (6)
- Ezekiel (8)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (1)
- Malachi (1)
- Begotten Us Again (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Bind Us Up (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Blood Be on Us (1 instance in 25 translations)
- Causeth Us To Triumph (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Christ Died for Us (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Christ Has Redeemed Us (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Cleanses Us from All Sin (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Deliver Us (52 instances in 36 translations)
- Dwelt Among Us (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Debts (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Sins (5 instances in 36 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Given Unto Us The Earnest Of The Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Glory Which Shall Be Revealed in Us (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Heart Burn Within Us (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Hearts Burning Within Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hearts Condemn Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- If God So Loved Us (1 instance in 24 translations)
- If Our Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Leads Us in Triumph (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Let Us (351 instances in 40 translations)
- Let Us Build (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Let Us Eat and Drink (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Let Us Reason Together (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Oath Betwixt Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Refined Us as Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Revive Us Again (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Show Us the Father (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Teach Us (11 instances in 38 translations)
- Tried Us As Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Unto Us a Child is Born (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Who Shall Separate Us (1 instance in 23 translations)