'For Us' in the Bible
Now these words were not written simply for his sake, but for us as well.
but also for us, to whom it shall be counted for righteousness so we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from death.
who was surrendered to death because of the offences we had committed, and was raised to life because of the acquittal secured for us.
and that this hope never disappoints, because God's love for us floods our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
For when we were yet weak according to the time: Christ died for us which were ungodly.
But God demonstrates his own love for us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
Knowing this, that our old man was crucified together, that the body of sin might be left inactive, for us no more to serve sin.
But now we have been released from the law, having died to what we were held, so as for us to serve in newness of spirit, and not in oldness of a document.
For I consider the sufferings of the present time not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed for us.
So too the Spirit assists us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray aright, but the Spirit pleads for us with sighs that are beyond words,
What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Since He did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not with Him graciously give us everything else?
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, or rather that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ for us? Shall affliction or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword?
nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God for us, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
is not the potter the master of his own clay, of the same mass to make one vessel for use and ornament, and another for a meaner purpose?
What if he means to show the wealth that lies in his glory for the objects of his mercy, whom he has made ready beforehand to receive glory ??24 that is, for us whom he has called from among the Gentiles as well as the Jews?
Then you will say, "Branches have been broken off for us to be grafted in."
O, how deep is the richness of God's wisdom and knowledge! How difficult [it is for us] to explain His judgments and how impossible [for us] to accurately track how He operates!
And do this because we know the time, that it is already the hour for us to awake from sleep, for our salvation is now nearer than when we became believers.
As for us who are strong, our duty is to bear with the weaknesses of those who are not strong, and not seek our own pleasure.
For whatever things were written previously [i.e., in the Old Testament], were intended for us to learn from, so that we could have hope [i.e., in the face of difficult times] through remaining steadfast, and through the encouragement [received] from reading the Scriptures.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (18)
- Exodus (18)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (10)
- Deuteronomy (14)
- Joshua (6)
- Judges (10)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (15)
- 2 Samuel (9)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (7)
- Ezra (10)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Job (3)
- Psalm (26)
- Proverbs (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (17)
- Jeremiah (20)
- Lamentations (6)
- Ezekiel (8)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (1)
- Malachi (1)
- Begotten Us Again (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Bind Us Up (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Blood Be on Us (1 instance in 25 translations)
- Causeth Us To Triumph (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Christ Died for Us (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Christ Has Redeemed Us (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Cleanses Us from All Sin (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Deliver Us (52 instances in 36 translations)
- Dwelt Among Us (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Debts (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Sins (5 instances in 36 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Given Unto Us The Earnest Of The Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Glory Which Shall Be Revealed in Us (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Heart Burn Within Us (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Hearts Burning Within Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hearts Condemn Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- If God So Loved Us (1 instance in 24 translations)
- If Our Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Leads Us in Triumph (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Let Us (351 instances in 40 translations)
- Let Us Build (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Let Us Eat and Drink (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Let Us Reason Together (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Oath Betwixt Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Refined Us as Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Revive Us Again (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Show Us the Father (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Teach Us (11 instances in 38 translations)
- Tried Us As Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Unto Us a Child is Born (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Who Shall Separate Us (1 instance in 23 translations)