'High Place' in the Bible
Only the people sacrificed in high places, because there was no house built unto the name of the LORD, until those days.
And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar.
Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
He built high places for all his foreign wives so they could burn incense and make sacrifices to their gods.
And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi.
And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.
And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men's bones shall be burnt upon thee.
For the saying which he cried by the word of the LORD against the altar in Bethel, and against all the houses of the high places which are in the cities of Samaria, shall surely come to pass.
After this thing Jeroboam returned not from his evil way, but made again of the lowest of the people priests of the high places: whosoever would, he consecrated him, and he became one of the priests of the high places.
For they also built them high places, and images, and groves, on every high hill, and under every green tree.
But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect with the LORD all his days.
And it cometh to pass, at Zimri's seeing that the city hath been captured, that he cometh in unto a high place of the house of the king, and burneth over him the house of the king with fire, and dieth,
And he walked in all the ways of Asa his father; he turned not aside from it, doing that which was right in the eyes of the LORD: nevertheless the high places were not taken away; for the people offered and burnt incense yet in the high places.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (5)
- Deuteronomy (2)
- Judges (3)
- 1 Samuel (10)
- 2 Samuel (3)
- 1 Kings (14)
- 2 Kings (22)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (17)
- Esther (1)
- Job (5)
- Psalm (13)
- Proverbs (4)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Isaiah (21)
- Jeremiah (18)
- Ezekiel (15)
- Daniel (4)
- Hosea (2)
- Amos (4)
- Obadiah (1)
- Micah (3)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Called the Name of the Place (10 instances in 18 translations)
- Deserted Place (19 instances in 12 translations)
- Dwelling Place of the Wicked (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- Heaven Your Dwelling Place (5 instances in 2 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- High Priest (193 instances in 38 translations)
- His Son Reigned in His Place (41 instances in 7 translations)
- Holy Place (306 instances in 39 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Minister in the Holy Place (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Ministering in the Holy Place (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Most Holy Place (38 instances in 19 translations)
- Name of that Place Was Called (5 instances in 14 translations)
- No Place For Them (3 instances in 20 translations)
- No Place To Lay His Head (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Place The Lord Will Choose (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Place Where the Lord Your God Chooses (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Place Which the Lord Chooses (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Prepare a Place (5 instances in 34 translations)
- Remote Place (12 instances in 6 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Solitary Place (14 instances in 12 translations)
- Your Dwelling Place (29 instances in 13 translations)
- A Place For God's Name
- A Place Prepared
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Another's Burial Place
- Baptism, Places Used
- Bringing People Out Of Other Places
- Burials, Places Of
- Burying places
- Caves As Places Of Refuge
- Christ, The High Priest
- Dry Places
- Empty Places
- Filling Places
- Foreigners In The Holy Places
- God Being Our Hiding Place
- God On High
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Most Holy Place
- Places To This Day
- Polluting Holy Places
- Rivers As Places Of Prayer