'Holy Spirit' in the Bible
Cast me not away from your presence; and take not your holy Spirit from me.
But they rebelled, and grieved his holy Spirit: therefore he turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within them?
Now the birth of Jesus Christ happened this way: When his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit.
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, son of David, fear not to take unto you Mary your wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that comes after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with fire:
Therefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men.
And whosoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in the world to come.
Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:
I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit.
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit has never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal judgment:
For David himself said by the Holy Spirit, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool.
But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what you shall speak, neither do you premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak you: for it is not you that speak, but the Holy Spirit.
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon you, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow you: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God.
And it came to pass, that, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit:
And his father Zachariah was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying,
And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Spirit, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I comes, the thong of whose shoes I am not worthy to untie: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire:
And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, You are my beloved Son; in you I am well pleased.
And Jesus being full of the Holy Spirit returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemes against the Holy Spirit it shall not be forgiven.
For the Holy Spirit shall teach you in the same hour what you ought to say.
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
(But this spoke he of the Spirit, whom they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
But the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said unto them, Receive you the Holy Spirit:
Until the day in which he was taken up, after he through the Holy Spirit had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
For John truly baptized with water; but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.
But you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit has come upon you: and you shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit by the mouth of David spoke before concerning Judas, who was guide to them that took Jesus.
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured forth this, which you now see and hear.
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said unto them, You rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to them that obey him.
Therefore, brethren, pick out from among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolaus a proselyte of Antioch:
You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you do always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do you.
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Spirit:
Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money,
Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Spirit.
And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto you in the way as you came, has sent me, that you might receive your sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Then had the churches rest throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, were multiplied.
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
While Peter yet spoke these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them who heard the word.
And they of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, who have received the Holy Spirit as well as we?
And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how he said, John indeed baptized with water; but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith: and many people were added unto the Lord.
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.
So they, being sent forth by the Holy Spirit, departed unto Seleucia; and from there they sailed to Cyprus.
Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Spirit, set his eyes on him,
And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Spirit.
And God, who knows the hearts, bore them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us;
For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia,
He said unto them, Received you the Holy Spirit when you believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Spirit.
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spoke with tongues, and prophesied.
Except that the Holy Spirit witnesses in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me.
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood.
And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's belt, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus says the Holy Spirit, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owns this belt, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after Paul had spoken one word, Well spoke the Holy Spirit by Isaiah the prophet unto our fathers,
And hope makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who is given unto us.
I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,
For the kingdom of God is not food and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have of God, and you are not your own?
Therefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.
By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by love unfeigned,
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. Amen.
In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, by whom you are sealed unto the day of redemption.
For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance; as you know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
And you became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit:
He therefore that despises, despises not man, but God, who has also given unto us his Holy Spirit.
That good thing which was committed unto you keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit;
God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will?
Therefore (as the Holy Spirit says, Today if you will hear his voice,
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
The Holy Spirit this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while the first tabernacle was yet standing:
The Holy Spirit also is a witness to us: for after this he had said before,
Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- As the Spirit Gave Them Utterance (1 instance )
- Baptize You with the Holy Spirit (3 instances )
- Baptized with the Holy Spirit (2 instances )
- Be Holy (39 instances )
- Blasphemes Against the Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- Bless His Holy Name (2 instances )
- Born of the Spirit (2 instances )
- By My Spirit (1 instance )
- By The Spirit (17 instances )
- Contrite and Humble Spirit (1 instance )
- Drink into One Spirit (1 instance )
- Dumb And Deaf Spirit (1 instance )
- Evil Spirit (13 instances )
- Evil Spirit From God (4 instances )
- Evil Spirit From The Lord (2 instances )
- Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- Fellowship of the Spirit (1 instance )
- Filled with the Holy Spirit (8 instances )
- Filled with the Spirit (2 instances )
- Firstfruits of the Spirit (1 instance )
- Flesh and Spirit (1 instance )
- Fruit of the Spirit (2 instances )
- Full of the Holy Spirit (4 instances )
- Gift of the Holy Spirit (2 instances )
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- Given Unto Us The Earnest Of The Spirit (1 instance )
- His Holy Hill (2 instances )
- Holy Child Jesus (2 instances )
- Holy City (10 instances )
- Holy Convocation (18 instances )
- Holy Covenant (3 instances )
- Holy Ground (2 instances )
- Holy Hill (5 instances )
- Holy is His Name (1 instance )
- Holy Kiss (4 instances )
- Holy Land (1 instance )
- Holy Mountain (17 instances )
- Holy Name (20 instances )
- Holy Nation (2 instances )
- Holy One of God (2 instances )
- Holy One of Israel (31 instances )
- Holy Place (66 instances )
- Holy Temple (10 instances )
- Holy to the Lord (3 instances )
- I Am Holy (4 instances )
- I Commit My Spirit (1 instance )
- In the Spirit (28 instances )
- Joy of the Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- Keep It Holy (1 instance )
- Law is Holy (1 instance )
- Led by the Spirit (2 instances )
- Lie to the Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- Live By The Spirit (1 instance )
- Live in the Spirit (1 instance )
- Lord is in His Holy Temple (2 instances )
- Lying Spirit (4 instances )
- Manifestation of the Spirit (1 instance )
- Minister in the Holy Place (2 instances )
- Most Holy Place (12 instances )
- Pour Out My Spirit (3 instances )
- Power of the Spirit (2 instances )
- Pray with the Spirit (1 instance )
- Praying in the Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- Profane My Holy Name (2 instances )
- Promise of the Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- Promise of the Spirit (1 instance )
- Proud in Spirit (1 instance )
- Receive the Holy Spirit (2 instances )
- Received the Holy Spirit (2 instances )
- Received the Spirit (1 instance )
- Renewing of the Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- Same Spirit (8 instances )
- Sanctification of the Spirit (2 instances )
- Send Forth Your Spirit (1 instance )
- Spirit Descending (2 instances )
- Spirit Gives Life (1 instance )
- Spirit in Our Hearts (1 instance )
- Spirit is Life (1 instance )
- Spirit Lifted Me Up (3 instances )
- Spirit Like A Dove Descending (1 instance )
- Spirit of Adoption (1 instance )
- Spirit of Bondage (1 instance )
- Spirit of God (26 instances )
- Spirit of God Descending (1 instance )
- Spirit of Life (2 instances )
- Spirit of Man (4 instances )
- Spirit of the Living God (1 instance )
- Spirit of the Lord (30 instances )
- Spirit of Truth (4 instances )
- Spirit Searches All Things (1 instance )
- Spirit Took Me Up (3 instances )
- Spirit Was Troubled (3 instances )
- Sword of the Spirit (1 instance )
- Temple of the Holy Spirit (1 instance )
- They That Are After The Spirit (1 instance )
- Through the Spirit (5 instances )
- Troubled in Spirit (1 instance )
- Unclean Spirit (21 instances )
- Walk in the Spirit (2 instances )
- A Holy Nation
- Abundance, Spiritual
- Abuse, Of Spiritual Things
- Adultery, Spiritual
- Appetite, Spiritual
- Armor, Spiritual
- Avoid Spiritism
- Babies Used As A Spiritual Image
- Baptism Of The Holy Spirit
- Be Holy For I Am Holy
- Beauty, Spiritual
- Being Filled With The Spirit
- Birth, Spiritual
- Blasphemy, Against The Holy Spirit
- Blessings, Spiritual
- Bondage, Spiritual
- Carrying Holy Things
- Christ With People In Spirit
- Circumcision, spiritual
- Clean, Spiritual Use
- Condition Of The Spirit
- Confidence, From Holy Spirit
- Crowns, Spiritual Use
- David, Spiritual Significance Of
- Dividing Spiritual Blessings
- Divine Work Of The Holy Spirit
- Drought, spiritual
- Equipping, spiritual
- Escaping, Spiritual Things
- Evil Spirits
- Evil Spirits Discernment
- Examples Of Life In The Spirit
- Familiar Spirits
- Fellowship Of Holy Spirit
- Fire Of The Spirit
- Foreigners In The Holy Places
- Fruit Of The Spirit
- Fruit, Spiritual
- Fruitfulness, Spiritual
- Games, Spiritual
- Gift Of The Holy Spirit
- Gifts From God, Spiritual
- God Giving His Spirit
- God Is Holy
- God, As Spirit
- Grace, And Holy Spirit
- Growing Spiritually
- Guidance Of The Holy Spirit
- Heart, And Holy Spirit
- Holy Ambition
- Holy Boldness
- Holy City
- Holy Land
- Holy Spirit
- Holy Spirit, Activities Of
- Holy Spirit, Deity Of
- Holy Spirit, Personhood Of
- Holy Spirit, Types Of
- Holy Times
- Holy Vessels
- Indwelling Of The Holy Spirit
- Inheritance, Spiritual
- Inspiration Of The Holy Spirit, Means Of
- Inspiration Of The Holy Spirit, Nature Of
- Inspiration Of The Holy Spirit, Purpose Of
- Jesus Statements About The Spirit
- Labor, Spiritual Aspects Of
- Land, Spiritual Aspects Of
- Law, Letter And Spirit Of
- Laying On Hands For The Holy Spirit
- Leaders, Spiritual
- Learning From The Holy Spirit
- Led By The Spirit
- Light, Spiritual
- Making People Holy
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Maturity, Spiritual
- Most Holy Place
- Names And Titles For The Holy Spirit
- Not Seeing Spiritual Things
- Offences Against The Holy Spirit
- Origins Of Spiritual Life
- Polluting Holy Places
- Poverty, Spiritual
- Power Of Holy Spirit, Shown In
- Power Of The Holy Spirit
- Power Through The Spirit
- Power, Of The Holy Spirit
- Predestination, Spiritual Events
- Promises Of The Holy Spirit
- Purity, Moral And Spiritual
- Receiving The Spirit
- Rejection Of Spiritual Instruction
- Resisting Holy Spirit
- Rest, Spiritual
- Resurrection, Spiritual
- Riches, Spiritual
- Sending Of The Holy Spirit
- Seven Spirits
- Sin, Against Holy Spirit
- Slavery, Spiritual
- Sleep, Spiritual
- Speaking By The Spirit
- Specific Holy Individuals
- Spirit Beings
- Spirit Filled Men
- Spirit Of Antichrist
- Spirit Of Christ
- Spirit Of Creatures
- Spirit, Emotional Aspects Of
- Spirit, Fallen And Redeemed
- Spirit, Nature Of
- Spiritism Avoided
- Spiritual Adoption
- Spiritual Allegories
- Spiritual Blindness, Consequences Of
- Spiritual Blindness, In Unbelievers
- Spiritual Blindness, Removal Of
- Spiritual Blindness, Results Of Sin
- Spiritual crowns
- Spiritual Dawn
- Spiritual Deafness
- Spiritual Death
- Spiritual Depths
- Spiritual Desires
- Spiritual Destitution
- Spiritual Discernment
- Spiritual Failure
- Spiritual Famine,
- Spiritual Famine, Relief Of
- Spiritual Fathers
- Spiritual Food
- Spiritual Foundations
- Spiritual Fulness
- Spiritual Gifts, Diversity Of
- Spiritual Gifts, Given To Church
- Spiritual Gifts, Importance Of Love
- Spiritual Gifts, Purpose Of
- Spiritual Gifts, Warnings About
- Spiritual Growth
- Spiritual Harlotry
- Spiritual Hunger
- Spiritual Ignorance
- Spiritual Illumination
- Spiritual Immaturity
- Spiritual Investment
- Spiritual life
- Spiritual Life, Described By
- Spiritual Life, Maintained By
- Spiritual Life, Nature Of
- Spiritual Maturity
- Spiritual Mothers
- Spiritual Night
- Spiritual Offspring
- Spiritual Peace
- Spiritual Perception
- Spiritual Progress
- Spiritual Renewal
- Spiritual Striving
- Spiritual Treasures
- Spiritual Understanding
- Spiritual Vitality
- Spiritual Warfare, Armour
- Spiritual Warfare, As Conflict
- Spiritual Warfare, Causes Of
- Spiritual Warfare, Enemies In
- Spirituality, Principles Of
- Spiritually Dead
- Strength, Spiritual
- Symbols of the Holy Spirit
- Taught By The Spirit
- Testing Spirits
- That Which Is Spiritual
- The Divinity Of The Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit And Praise
- The Holy Spirit As Counsellor
- The Holy Spirit As Teacher
- The Holy Spirit Described As A Deposit
- The Holy Spirit Described As A Seal
- The Holy Spirit Described As A Voice
- The Holy Spirit Described As Fire
- The Holy Spirit Described As God's Gift
- The Holy Spirit Described As Oil
- The Holy Spirit Described As The Dove
- The Holy Spirit Described As The Wind
- The Holy Spirit Described As Water
- The Holy Spirit Giving Joy
- The Holy Spirit Giving Life
- The Holy Spirit In Creation
- The Holy Spirit In The Church
- The Holy Spirit, And Prayer
- The Holy Spirit, And Preaching
- The Holy Spirit, And Regeneration
- The Holy Spirit, And Sanctification
- The Holy Spirit, And Scripture
- The Holy Spirit, Being Against
- The Holy Spirit, Source Of Wisdom
- The Outpouring Of The Holy Spirit,
- The Sealing Of The Holy Spirit
- The Spirit Of Christ
- The Spirit Of God
- The Spirit Of Man
- The Spirit Of The Lord
- The Spirit Speaking
- The Spirit Teaching
- The Spirit's Role In Creation
- The Sword Of The Spirit
- The Witness Of The Holy Spirit
- The Witness Of The Spirit
- Touching Holy Things
- Unclean Spirits
- Victory, Over Spiritual Forces
- Walking In The Spirit
- Wardrobe, Spiritual
- Weakness, Spiritual
- Witnessing, And Holy Spirit
- God, Unity Of
- The Unpardonable Sin
- God Not Forgiving
- God, Revelation Of
- Baptism, practice of
- Water For Baptism
- Signs Of Repentance
- Evangelism, motivation for
- Discipleship, nature of
- God's Voice
- Mission, Of The Church
- Apostles, Function In Early Church
- 75 more topics on Holy
- 99 more topics on Spirit