'King of Israel' in the Bible
He died just as the Lord had prophesied through Elijah. In the second year of the reign of King Jehoram son of Jehoshaphat over Judah, Ahaziah's brother Jehoram replaced him as king of Israel, because he had no son.
Joram son of Ahab became king of Israel in the eighteenth year of the reign of King Jehoshaphat of Judah. He ruled in Samaria for twelve years.
And Mesha king of Moab was a sheepmaster, and rendered unto the king of Israel an hundred thousand lambs, and an hundred thousand rams, with the wool.
But it came to pass, when Ahab was dead, that the king of Moab rebelled against the king of Israel.
So the king of Israel went, and the king of Judah, and the king of Edom: and they fetched a compass of seven days' journey: and there was no water for the host, and for the cattle that followed them.
And the king of Israel said, Alas! that the LORD hath called these three kings together, to deliver them into the hand of Moab!
But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD, that we may inquire of the LORD by him? And one of the king of Israel's servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.
And Jehoshaphat said, The word of the LORD is with him. So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him.
And Elisha said unto the king of Israel, What have I to do with thee? get thee to the prophets of thy father, and to the prophets of thy mother. And the king of Israel said unto him, Nay: for the LORD hath called these three kings together, to deliver them into the hand of Moab.
And the king of Syria said, Go to, go, and I will send a letter unto the king of Israel. And he departed, and took with him ten talents of silver, and six thousand pieces of gold, and ten changes of raiment.
And he brought the letter to the king of Israel, saying, Now when this letter is come unto thee, behold, I have therewith sent Naaman my servant to thee, that thou mayest recover him of his leprosy.
And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.
And it was so, when Elisha the man of God had heard that the king of Israel had rent his clothes, that he sent to the king, saying, Wherefore hast thou rent thy clothes? let him come now to me, and he shall know that there is a prophet in Israel.
And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither the Syrians are come down.
And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.
Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?
And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.
And the king of Israel said unto Elisha, when he saw them, My father, shall I smite them? shall I smite them?
So the king of Israel provided a great feast for them. After they ate and drank he sent them back to the king of Syria. From then on the Syrians stopped raiding the land of Israel.
And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king.
For the Lord had made the host of the Syrians to hear a noise of chariots, and a noise of horses, even the noise of a great host: and they said one to another, Lo, the king of Israel hath hired against us the kings of the Hittites, and the kings of the Egyptians, to come upon us.
The king of Israel put the city gate under the command of the officer who was his personal attendant. The officer was trampled to death there by the people and died, as Elisha had predicted when the king went to see him.
And in the fifth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel, Jehoshaphat being then king of Judah, Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat king of Judah began to reign.
In the twelfth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel did Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah begin to reign.
Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.
His mother was named Athaliah. She was the granddaughter of Omri, king of Israel. Ahaziah lived his life following the example of Ahab's household, practicing what the LORD considered to be evil, just like the household of Ahab, because he was a son-in-law to Ahab's household.
Pour this olive oil on his head, and say: 'Jehovah anoints you king of Israel. Then leave there as fast as you can.'
No we do not! They replied. Tell us what he said! They asked. He told me that Jehovah says: 'I anoint you king of Israel.'
And Joram said, Make ready. And his chariot was made ready. And Joram king of Israel and Ahaziah king of Judah went out, each in his chariot, and they went out against Jehu, and met him in the portion of Naboth the Jezreelite.
Jehu had ruled in Samaria as king of Israel for twenty-eight years.
Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof.
And he said to the king of Israel, Put thine hand upon the bow. And he put his hand upon it: and Elisha put his hands upon the king's hands.
And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed.
In the second year of Joash son of Jehoahaz king of Israel reigned Amaziah the son of Joash king of Judah.
Then Amaziah sent messengers to Jehoash, the son of Jehoahaz son of Jehu, king of Israel, saying, Come, let us look one another in the face.
And Jehoash the king of Israel sent to Amaziah king of Judah, saying, The thistle that was in Lebanon sent to the cedar that was in Lebanon, saying, Give thy daughter to my son to wife: and there passed by a wild beast that was in Lebanon, and trode down the thistle.
But Amaziah would not hear. Therefore Jehoash king of Israel went up; and he and Amaziah king of Judah looked one another in the face at Bethshemesh, which belongeth to Judah.
And Jehoash king of Israel took Amaziah king of Judah, the son of Jehoash the son of Ahaziah, at Bethshemesh, and came to Jerusalem, and brake down the wall of Jerusalem from the gate of Ephraim unto the corner gate, four hundred cubits.
And Amaziah the son of Joash king of Judah lived after the death of Jehoash son of Jehoahaz king of Israel fifteen years.
In the fifteenth year of Amaziah the son of Joash king of Judah Jeroboam the son of Joash king of Israel began to reign in Samaria, and reigned forty and one years.
In the twenty and seventh year of Jeroboam king of Israel began Azariah son of Amaziah king of Judah to reign.
In the days of Pekah king of Israel came Tiglathpileser king of Assyria, and took Ijon, and Abelbethmaachah, and Janoah, and Kedesh, and Hazor, and Gilead, and Galilee, all the land of Naphtali, and carried them captive to Assyria.
In the second year of Pekah the son of Remaliah king of Israel began Jotham the son of Uzziah king of Judah to reign.
Ahaz son of Jotham became king of Judah. It was in the seventeenth year of the reign of Pekah son of Remaliah as king of Israel.
Then Rezin king of Syria and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel came up to Jerusalem to war: and they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome him.
So Ahaz sent messengers to Tiglathpileser king of Assyria, saying, I am thy servant and thy son: come up, and save me out of the hand of the king of Syria, and out of the hand of the king of Israel, which rise up against me.
Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign.
And it came to pass in the fourth year of king Hezekiah, which was the seventh year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, that Shalmaneser king of Assyria came up against Samaria, and besieged it.
And at the end of three years they took it: even in the sixth year of Hezekiah, that is the ninth year of Hoshea king of Israel, Samaria was taken.
For he built up again the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; and he reared up altars for Baal, and made a grove, as did Ahab king of Israel; and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.
And the high places that were before Jerusalem, which were on the right hand of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had builded for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Zidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammon, did the king defile.
And he carried out thence all the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king's house, and cut in pieces all the vessels of gold which Solomon king of Israel had made in the temple of the LORD, as the LORD had said.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Israel (201 instances in 38 translations)
- All Israel Will Be Saved (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Backsliding Israel (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Behold Your King (2 instances in 19 translations)
- Caused My People Israel to Err (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Children of Israel (719 instances in 33 translations)
- Chronicles of the Kings of Israel (18 instances in 15 translations)
- Commonwealth of Israel (2 instances in 25 translations)
- Community Of Israel (22 instances in 6 translations)
- Congregation of Israel (47 instances in 18 translations)
- Congregation of the Children of Israel (27 instances in 8 translations)
- Consolation of Israel (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Elders of Israel (40 instances in 28 translations)
- Elders of the House of Israel (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Exiles Of Israel (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Faithless Israel (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Firstborn of Israel (6 instances in 15 translations)
- Fought Against Israel (11 instances in 19 translations)
- God is the King (2 instances in 13 translations)
- God of Israel (223 instances in 39 translations)
- God of the Armies of Israel (1 instance in 13 translations)
- God Save The King (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Great King (24 instances in 39 translations)
- Hear O Israel (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Holy One of Israel (32 instances in 22 translations)
- House of Israel (160 instances in 38 translations)
- If It Pleases the King (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Israel Had No King (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Israel My Inheritance (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Israel of God (1 instance in 35 translations)
- King of Glory (4 instances in 20 translations)
- King of Judah (166 instances in 22 translations)
- King of Kings (8 instances in 40 translations)
- King of the Jews (20 instances in 39 translations)
- King Over Israel (52 instances in 22 translations)
- King Over Judah (16 instances in 21 translations)
- Land of Israel (55 instances in 38 translations)
- Led My People Israel Astray (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Light of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Long Live the King (7 instances in 17 translations)
- Lord God of Israel (159 instances in 19 translations)
- Lord is King (11 instances in 13 translations)
- Men of Israel (145 instances in 38 translations)
- My Lord the King (58 instances in 21 translations)
- No King in Israel (4 instances in 20 translations)
- Outcasts of Israel (3 instances in 19 translations)
- Peace Be Upon Israel (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Peace Shall Be Upon Israel (1 instance in 4 translations)
- People of Israel (386 instances in 39 translations)
- Pride of Israel (3 instances in 17 translations)
- Remnant of Israel (12 instances in 21 translations)
- Restore the Kingdom to Israel (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Shepherds of Israel (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Sons of Israel (619 instances in 38 translations)
- There Was No King in Israel (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Tribes of Israel (74 instances in 39 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Anointing Kings
- Armies, Against Israel
- Artaxerxes The King
- Assembling Israel
- Attitudes Towards Kings
- Babylon, Israel Exiled To
- Backsliding, Israel Exanples
- Being Earnest For Israel
- Blessings, To Israel
- Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Camp, Of Israel
- Captivity, Of Israel
- Children And The Kingdom
- Christ Is King Of Israel
- Church Distinct From Israel
- Cities In Israel
- Conversion Of Israel
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Cursing Israel
- Downfall Of Israel
- Enemies, of Israel and Judah
- Entering The Kingdom
- Exile Of Israel To Assyria
- Few In The Kingdom
- Foreign Kings
- Fullness Of The Kingdom
- Gathering Israel
- God Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- God Protector Of Israel
- God Scattering Israel
- God's Activity In Israel
- God's Glory In Israel
- God's Love For Israel
- Good Kings
- Good Kings Examples Of
- Imitating Good Kings
- Imitating Wicked Kings
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Israel As The Elect
- Israel Fleeing
- Israel Hardened
- Israel In The Wilderness
- Israel In Tribulation
- Jerusalem In Millennial Kingdom
- Jesus As King Of Kings
- Jesus Christ, King
- Joy, Of Israel
- Judging Israel
- Killing Israelites
- Killing Kings
- Killing Within Israel
- Kingdom Of God
- Kingdom Of God, Characteristics Of
- Kingdom Of God, Coming Of
- Kingdom Of God, Entry Into
- Kingdom Of Heaven
- Kings And Pride
- Kings And Wisdom
- Kings Exiled
- Kings Of All Israel Or Judah
- Kings of judah
- Kings Of The Northern Kingdom
- Kings Summoning
- Kings Warned About
- Kings, Duties Of
- Kings, How They Should Act
- Kingship, Divine
- Kingship, Human
- Knowing About God's Kingdom
- Land Permanently Restored To Israel
- Land Promised To Israel
- List Of Kings Of Israel
- Making Israel Jealous
- Making Kings
- Many In Israel
- Messianic Titles, King Of The Jews
- Millennial Kingdom
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Crushes Wickedness
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Restores Israel
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Supreme On The Earth
- Millennial Kingdom, Earth Filled With Knowledge Of God
- Millennial Kingdom, Universal Peace And Blessing
- Mission, Of Israel
- Mothers Of Kings
- Nations Attacking Israel
- Nature Of Kings
- No King
- Northern Kingdom Of Israel
- Others Bringing Israel Out Of Egypt
- Outside The Kingdom
- Parables Of The Kingdom
- Parables Of The Kingdom Of Heaven
- People Of The Kingdom
- Rebellion, Of Israel
- Rebirth Of Israel
- Salvation For Israel
- Satan, Kingdom Of
- Serving Kings
- Shepherds, As Kings And Leaders
- Shutting The Kingdom
- Strangers in israel
- Survivors Of Israel
- The King's Orders
- The Kingdom Of Others
- The Kingdom Of Solomon
- The Law Given To Israel
- The Mountains Of Israel
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Tribes Of Israel
- Unique Israel
- Wine In Millennial Kingdom
- Woe To Israel And Jerusalem