'My Father' in the Bible
Now therefore as Yahweh lives, who has established me, and set me on the throne of David my father, and who has made me a house, as he promised, surely Adonijah shall be put to death this day."
And unto Abiathar the priest said the king, "Get thee to Anathoth unto thine own fields, for thou art worthy of death: but I will not at this time kill thee, because thou hast borne the Ark of the Lord Jehovah before David my father, and because thou sufferest with my father in all his afflictions."
Then the king said to him, "Do as he spoke; fall upon him and bury him, and so you shall remove the innocent blood that Joab shed from on me and from on the house of my father.
And Jehovah shall return his blood on his own head, who fell on two men more righteous and better than he, and killed them with the sword, and my father David not knowing of it, Abner the son of Ner, commander of the army of Israel, and Amasa the son of Jether, commander of the army of Judah.
The king said moreover to Shimei, Thou knowest all the wickedness which thy heart is privy to, that thou didst to David my father: therefore the LORD will return thy wickedness upon thy own head;
And Solomon said, Thou hast showed unto thy servant David my father great lovingkindness, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great lovingkindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.
And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.
You have knowledge that David my father was not able to make a house for the name of the Lord his God, because of the wars which were round him on every side, till the Lord put all those who were against him under his feet.
And so it is my purpose to make a house for the name of the Lord my God, as he said to David my father, Your son, whom I will make king in your place, will be the builder of a house for my name.
He said: Praise Jehovah the God of Israel! He kept the promise he made to my father David, when he told him:
And it was in the heart of David my father to build a house for the name of the LORD God of Israel.
And Jehovah will say to David my father, Because it was with thy heart to build a house for my name, it was good it was with thy heart
The LORD has established his word that he spoke; for I have risen up in the place of David my father, and I sit on the throne of Israel, as the LORD promised, and have built the house for the name of the LORD, the God of Israel.
You have kept for your servant David my father what you promised to him, and you have spoken with your mouth, and with your hand you have fulfilled [it] this very day.
And now, Jehovah, the God of Israel, keep with Your servant David, my father, what You promised him, saying, There shall not be cut off from you a man in My sight to sit on the throne of Israel-- if your sons take heed to their way so that they walk before Me as you have walked before Me.
And now, O God of Israel, let thy words, I pray thee, be verified, which thou hast spoken unto thy servant David my father.
What is your opinion? He asked: What answer are we to give to this people? They want me to lighten the burdens placed on them by my father.
Then the young men who had grown up with him told him, "This is what you should say to these people who said to you, 'Your father made our yoke heavy, but you, make it lighter on us!' This is what you should tell them: 'My little finger is thicker than my father's loins!
If my father put a hard yoke on you, I will make it harder: my father gave you punishment with whips, but I will give you blows with snakes.
But giving them the answer put forward by the young men, saying, My father made your yoke hard, but I will make it harder; my father gave you punishment with whips, but I will give it with snakes.
A covenant is between me and thee, between my father and thy father; lo, I have sent to thee a reward of silver and gold; go, break thy covenant with Baasha king of Israel, and he goeth up from off me.'
and he himself hath gone into the wilderness a day's Journey, and cometh and sitteth under a certain retem-tree, and desireth his soul to die, and saith, 'Enough, now, O Jehovah, take my soul, for I am not better than my fathers.'
Elisha then left his bulls and ran after Elijah. He said: Let me kiss my father and mother good-bye and then I will go with you. Elijah answered, All right, go back. I am not stopping you!
Ben-hadad made this promise to Ahab: "I will restore the cities that my ancestors took from your ancestors. You'll be able to build streets named after yourself in Damascus, as my father did in Samaria." "With this promise I will release you," Ahab replied. So Ahab made a treaty with Ben-hadad and let him go.
Naboth said to Ahab, "May the LORD forbid me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers to you."
Then went Ahab unto his house wayward and evil apaid, because of the words which Naboth the Jezreelite had spoken unto him, saying, "I will not give to thee the inheritance of my fathers." And he laid him down upon his bed and turned away his face, and would eat no meat.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abba Father (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Abraham Your Father (5 instances in 21 translations)
- Blessings of Your Father (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Everlasting Father (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Father in Heaven (26 instances in 22 translations)
- Father is Glorified (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Father of a Multitude of Nations (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Father Of A Multitude Of Nations (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Father of Lights (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Father Of Many Nations (5 instances in 37 translations)
- Father of Our Lord (7 instances in 39 translations)
- Father Who Sent Me (12 instances in 35 translations)
- From the Father (26 instances in 40 translations)
- Go to My Father (8 instances in 36 translations)
- Go to the Father (11 instances in 32 translations)
- God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ (6 instances in 37 translations)
- God of Your Father (30 instances in 28 translations)
- God the Father (31 instances in 40 translations)
- Heavenly Father (20 instances in 38 translations)
- Honor Your Father and Your Mother (8 instances in 17 translations)
- I and My Father are One (1 instance in 11 translations)
- In the Father (8 instances in 37 translations)
- Iniquity Of The Father (7 instances in 16 translations)
- Life Which Was with the Father (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Loved by My Father (1 instance in 31 translations)
- My Father in Heaven (10 instances in 16 translations)
- My Father is Glorified (1 instance in 11 translations)
- My Father Who Is In Heaven (8 instances in 22 translations)
- Nakedness of His Father (2 instances in 15 translations)
- No One Comes to the Father (1 instance in 19 translations)
- One Father (10 instances in 38 translations)
- Only Begotten of the Father (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Our Father in Heaven (15 instances in 20 translations)
- Peace from God Our Father (14 instances in 32 translations)
- Show Us the Father (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Tomb of His Father (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Way of His Father (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Worship the Father (2 instances in 38 translations)
- Your Father Abraham (5 instances in 29 translations)
- Absent Fathers
- Christ's Knowledge Of The Father
- Examples Of Fathers' Love
- Father And Son Alike
- Father And Son In One Another
- Fatherless, Examples Of
- Fathers And Sons
- Fathers Birthday
- Fathers In Laws
- Fathers Loving Care
- Fathers Teaching
- Fathers, Examples Of
- Fathers, Responsibilities Of
- Fathers, Sin Of The
- God Of The Fathers
- God, Fatherhood Of
- Interaction Of Father And Son
- Jesus Christ, Relation To Father
- Jesus Returning To The Father
- Love Between Father And Son
- Oneness With The Father
- Our Father In Heaven
- Relationship Of Father And Son
- Resemblance To God The Father
- Sins Of The Fathers
- Spiritual Fathers
- The Age At Fatherhood
- The Father
- The Father's Activity Regarding Christ
- The Joy Of Fathers
- A Place For God's Name
- 27 more topics on Father