'My Father' in the Bible
and unto them who were selling, the doves, he said - Take these things hence! Be not making, the house of my Father, a house of merchandise.
But Jesus answered them, My father worketh until now, and I work.
I am not able to perform any thing by myself: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; for I seek not my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
But I have higher testimony than John's, for the things that my Father has intrusted to me to accomplish, the very things that I am doing, are proof that my Father has sent me,
and my Father who has sent me has thus borne witness to me. You have never heard his voice or seen his form,
For I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not:
I have come in My Father's name and with His power, and you do not receive Me [your hearts are not open to Me, you give Me no welcome]; but if another comes in his own name and his own power and with no other authority but himself, you will receive him and give him your approval.
Do not think that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, even Moses in whom ye trust.
"Make the men sit down," said Jesus. The ground was covered with thick grass; so the men sat down, in numbers about five thousand. "of righteousness, because I am going to my Father, and you will no longer see me;
Jesus answer'd, I assure you, Moses did not give you the celestial bread; but my father gives you the true celestial bread.
all those whom my father gives me, shall come to me; and I will not reject any that come to me.
This is the will of my Father who sent me, that of all he has given to me I should lose nothing, but should raise him up at the last day.
For this is the will of My Father: that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."
As the living father hath sent me, even so live I by my father: and he that eateth me, shall live by me.
And he said, Therefore I said unto you that no one can come unto me unless it is given unto them of my Father.
I am One [of the Two] bearing testimony concerning Myself; and My Father, Who sent Me, He also testifies about Me.
They said: Where is your Father? Jesus answered: You do not know me, nor do you know my Father! If you knew me you would also know my Father.
Jesus replied, "You don't know me or my Father. If you had known me, you would've known my Father, too." He spoke these words in the treasury, while he was teaching in the Temple. Yet no one arrested him, because his hour had not yet come.
Then said Jesus to them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
And He Who sent Me is ever with Me; My Father has not left Me alone, for I always do what pleases Him.
I am telling you what I have seen in my Father's presence, and you are practicing what you have learned from your father."
But now ye are seeking to kill Me, a Man Who hath told you the truth, which I heard from My Father: this Abraham did not.
Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye dishonour me.
Jesus answered, 'If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who is glorifying me, of whom ye say that He is your God;
As my father knoweth me: even so know I my father. And I give my life for the sheep,
Therefore doth my father love me: because I put my life from me, that I might take it again.
No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command received I of my Father.
This commission have I received of my Father. There was again a division among the Jews, because of these sayings.
Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you don't believe. The works that I do in my Father's name, these testify about me.
My Father, who gave them to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father are one ??."
Then the Jews again took up stones to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father;
Jesus answered them - Many works, have I showed you, noble ones, from my Father: For which of those works are ye stoning me?
do you now say to me whom my Father has set apart to it and sent into the world, 'You are a blasphemer,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me.
If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him my Father will honor.
And I know that His commandment is life eternal. What things, therefore, I speak, even as My Father hath told Me, so I speak."
In my Father's house there are many mansions; if not, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.
If you--all of you--knew me, you would fully know my Father also. From this time forward you know Him and have seen Him."
Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.]
"Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do: the same shall he do; and greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto my father.
In that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
He who has my commandments, and keeps them, that man it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man loves me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
But that comforter, which is the holy ghost - whom my father will send in my name - he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice because I said, I go unto the Father; for my Father is greater than I.
not that he has any thing against me, but that the world may know that I love the father, by my executing the commands which my father gave me: arise, let us go hence.
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; and'so'shall ye be my disciples.
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.
are placed in the middle of verse 13:31] "I am the real Vine, and my Father is the vine-dresser;
They would not be guilty, if I had not come and spoken to them; but, as it is, they have no excuse for their sin ??23 he who hates me hates my Father also.
He who hates me hates my Father also.
If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have had sin. But now have they seen and also hated both me and my Father.
But when the Paraclete has come, whom I will send to you from my Father, the Spirit of the truth, which proceeds from the Father, he will testify of me;
"And they will do these things because they have not known my Father, nor me.
of righteousness, because I am going to my Father, and you will no longer see me; and of judgement,
So some of His disciples questioned among themselves, What does He mean when He tells us, In a little while you will no longer see Me, and again after a short while you will see Me, and, Because I go to My Father?
And when that time comes, you will ask nothing of Me [you will need to ask Me no questions]. I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that My Father will grant you whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I Am].
These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs. The time will come when I shall no more speak to you in proverbs: but I shall show you plainly from my father.
At that day shall ye ask in mine name. And I say not unto you that I will speak unto my father for you.
I was sent by the father, and am come into the world: but now I leave the world, and am going to my father.
Look, a time is coming -- and has come -- when you will be scattered, each one to his own home, and I will be left alone. Yet I am not alone, because my Father is with me.
Therefore, Jesus said to Peter, Put the sword [back] into the sheath! The cup which My Father has given Me, shall I not drink it?
Jesus said to her, Do not touch me; for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and tell them, I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father has sent me, even so send I you.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abba Father (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Abraham Your Father (5 instances in 21 translations)
- Blessings of Your Father (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Everlasting Father (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Father in Heaven (26 instances in 22 translations)
- Father is Glorified (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Father of a Multitude of Nations (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Father Of A Multitude Of Nations (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Father of Lights (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Father Of Many Nations (5 instances in 37 translations)
- Father of Our Lord (7 instances in 39 translations)
- Father Who Sent Me (12 instances in 35 translations)
- From the Father (26 instances in 40 translations)
- Go to My Father (8 instances in 36 translations)
- Go to the Father (11 instances in 32 translations)
- God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ (6 instances in 37 translations)
- God of Your Father (30 instances in 28 translations)
- God the Father (31 instances in 40 translations)
- Heavenly Father (20 instances in 38 translations)
- Honor Your Father and Your Mother (8 instances in 17 translations)
- I and My Father are One (1 instance in 11 translations)
- In the Father (8 instances in 37 translations)
- Iniquity Of The Father (7 instances in 16 translations)
- Life Which Was with the Father (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Loved by My Father (1 instance in 31 translations)
- My Father in Heaven (10 instances in 16 translations)
- My Father is Glorified (1 instance in 11 translations)
- My Father Who Is In Heaven (8 instances in 22 translations)
- Nakedness of His Father (2 instances in 15 translations)
- No One Comes to the Father (1 instance in 19 translations)
- One Father (10 instances in 38 translations)
- Only Begotten of the Father (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Our Father in Heaven (15 instances in 20 translations)
- Peace from God Our Father (14 instances in 32 translations)
- Show Us the Father (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Tomb of His Father (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Way of His Father (4 instances in 18 translations)
- Worship the Father (2 instances in 38 translations)
- Your Father Abraham (5 instances in 29 translations)
- Absent Fathers
- Christ's Knowledge Of The Father
- Examples Of Fathers' Love
- Father And Son Alike
- Father And Son In One Another
- Fatherless, Examples Of
- Fathers And Sons
- Fathers Birthday
- Fathers In Laws
- Fathers Loving Care
- Fathers Teaching
- Fathers, Examples Of
- Fathers, Responsibilities Of
- Fathers, Sin Of The
- God Of The Fathers
- God, Fatherhood Of
- Interaction Of Father And Son
- Jesus Christ, Relation To Father
- Jesus Returning To The Father
- Love Between Father And Son
- Oneness With The Father
- Our Father In Heaven
- Relationship Of Father And Son
- Resemblance To God The Father
- Sins Of The Fathers
- Spiritual Fathers
- The Age At Fatherhood
- The Father
- The Father's Activity Regarding Christ
- The Joy Of Fathers
- Witnesses, To Jesus Christ
- God Giving To The Son