'Son of David' in the Bible
And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her.
Amnon had a friend named Jonadab, a son of David's brother Shimeah. Jonadab was a very shrewd man,
But Jonadab, son of David's brother Shimeah, spoke up: "My lord must not think they have killed all the young men, the king's sons, because only Amnon is dead. In fact, Absalom has planned this ever since the day Amnon disgraced his sister Tamar.
When he taunted Israel, Jonathan, son of David's brother Shimei, killed him.
Now Adonijah, son of David and Haggith, was promoting himself, boasting, "I will be king!" He managed to acquire chariots and horsemen, as well as fifty men to serve as his royal guard.
When he taunted Israel, Jonathan, son of David's brother Shimei, killed him.
And did eat and drink before the LORD on that day with great gladness. And they made Solomon the son of David king the second time, and anointed him unto the LORD to be the chief governor, and Zadok to be priest.
And Solomon the son of David was strengthened in his kingdom, and the LORD his God was with him, and magnified him exceedingly.
And Rehoboam took him Mahalath the daughter of Jerimoth the son of David to wife, and Abihail the daughter of Eliab the son of Jesse;
Yet Jeroboam the son of Nebat, the servant of Solomon the son of David, is risen up, and hath rebelled against his lord.
So there was great joy in Jerusalem: for since the time of Solomon the son of David king of Israel there was not the like in Jerusalem.
And said unto the Levites that taught all Israel, which were holy unto the LORD, Put the holy ark in the house which Solomon the son of David king of Israel did build; it shall not be a burden upon your shoulders: serve now the LORD your God, and his people Israel,
The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
And the son of Jesse was David the king; and the son of David was Solomon by her who had been the wife of Uriah;
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
"Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife home, for what is begotten in her is by the Holy Spirit; and she will bear a son, and you are to call him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."
And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.
Have mercy on us, thou Son of David. And the blind men came to Him, having come into the house: and Jesus says to them, Do you believe that I am able to do this? They say to Him, Yea, Lord.
And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David.
And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David.
And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
saying, What think ye of the Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?
the'son of Melea, the'son of Menna, the'son of Mattatha, the'son of Nathan, the'son of David,
the son of David, the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Booz, the son of Salmon, the son of Nahshon,
And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
And he said unto them, 'How do they say the Christ to be son of David,
And by the messenger of the congregation in Philadelphia, write: These things says the Holy One, the True One; who has the key, the Son of David; he who opens and no man shuts; and shuts, and no man opens:
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abide in the Son (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Acknowledges the Son (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Behold Your Son (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Believeth On The Son (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Beloved Son (19 instances in 30 translations)
- Bore a Son (30 instances in 17 translations)
- Buried Him in the City of David (8 instances in 17 translations)
- Buried in the City of David (13 instances in 20 translations)
- City of David (53 instances in 31 translations)
- Coming of the Son of Man (5 instances in 32 translations)
- Confesses The Son (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Conformed to the Image of His Son (1 instance in 21 translations)
- David and His Descendants (4 instances in 5 translations)
- David My Servant (16 instances in 20 translations)
- Descendants of David (7 instances in 8 translations)
- Descended From David (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Firstborn Son (38 instances in 24 translations)
- Gave Birth To A Son (32 instances in 22 translations)
- God Sent Forth His Son (2 instances in 23 translations)
- His Son Reigned in His Place (41 instances in 6 translations)
- House of David (31 instances in 34 translations)
- I Am the Son of God (2 instances in 31 translations)
- I Called My Son (2 instances in 32 translations)
- Image of His Son (1 instance in 26 translations)
- Key of David (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Lineage of David (2 instances in 8 translations)
- My Beloved Son (13 instances in 27 translations)
- Only Begotten Son (9 instances in 22 translations)
- Only Son (21 instances in 37 translations)
- Seed of David (9 instances in 21 translations)
- Son Makes You Free (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Son of a Prophet (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Son of God (61 instances in 39 translations)
- Son of Man (232 instances in 39 translations)
- Son of Perdition (4 instances in 24 translations)
- Son Of The Gods (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Son Sets You Free (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Son Therefore Shall Make You Free (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Sons of David (9 instances in 19 translations)
- Sure Mercies of David (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Throne of David (14 instances in 27 translations)
- Who Believes in the Son (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Whoever Believes In The Son (2 instances in 4 translations)
- A New Song
- Angels As Sons Of God
- Believers As Sons Of God
- Bowing Before David
- Buried In The City Of David
- City Of David
- Covenant, God's with David
- David's Wives
- David, Abilities Of
- David, Character Of
- David, Death Of
- David, Early Life
- David, Reign Of
- David, Rise Of
- David, Spiritual Significance Of
- Davidic Covenant
- Father And Son Alike
- Father And Son In One Another
- Fathers And Sons
- Firstborn Sons
- God Appointing His Son
- God Giving His Son
- God Giving To The Son
- God Sending His Son
- Interaction Of Father And Son
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Jesus As Son Of David
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Jesus As The Beloved Son
- Jesus Christ, Son Of God
- Killing Sons And Daughters
- Lack Of Sons
- Love Between Father And Son
- Messianic Titles, Son Of God
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Only Son Of God
- Relationship Of Father And Son
- Saul And David
- Son Of Man
- Sons In Law
- Sons Of God
- Sons Of The Prophets
- The Beloved Son
- The Dynasty Of David
- Throne Of David
- Two Sons
- Wedding Songs
- Writing Songs
- Be Merciful!
- Individuals Shouting
- 30 more topics on Son
- 16 more topics on David