'Son of Man' in the Bible
"Son of Man," the LORD said, "get up on your feet. I want to talk to you."
He said to me, "Son of man, I send you to the children of Israel, to a nation of rebels who have rebelled against me. They and their fathers have transgressed against me even to this very day.
And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, nor be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with thee, and thou dwell among scorpions. Be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they are a rebe
But you, son of man, hear what I am saying to you. Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house. Open your mouth and eat what I am giving you.
Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
And he will say to me, Son of man, thou shalt cause thy belly to eat, and thou shalt fill thy bowels with this roll which I give to thee. And eating it, it will be in my mouth as honey for sweetness.
Then he said unto me, Son of man, go and enter into the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them.
Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears.
Son of man, I have made you a watchman to the house of Israel; therefore hear the word at My mouth and give them warning from Me.
And you, son of man, they will put ropes on you and bind you with them so you cannot go out among them.
You also, son of man, take you a clay tablet, and lay it before you, and portray upon it the city, even Jerusalem:
Moreover, He said to me, "Son of man, behold, I am going to break the staff of bread in Jerusalem, and they will eat bread by weight and with anxiety, and drink water by measure and in horror,
As for you, son of man, take a sharp sword. Take and use it as a barber's razor to shave your head and beard. Then take scales for weighing and divide the hair.
Son of man, set thy face toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy to them,
And there is a word of Jehovah unto me, saying, 'And thou, son of man, Thus said the Lord Jehovah to the ground of Israel:
And you, son of man, so says the Lord Jehovah to the land of Israel: An end! The end has come on the four corners of the land.
Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.
He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel commits here to cause me to go far away from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.
Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall; and when I had dug in the wall, behold a door.
And he said to me, Son of man, have you seen what the responsible men of the children of Israel do in the dark, every man in his room of pictured images? for they say, The Lord does not see us; the Lord has gone away from the land.
And He saith unto me, 'Hast thou seen, son of man? again thou dost turn, thou dost see greater abominations than these.'
And He said to me, "Do you see [this], son of man? Is it not enough for the house of Judah to commit the abominations they are practicing here, that they must also fill the land with violence and repeatedly provoke Me to anger, even putting the branch to their nose?
Then said he unto me, Son of man, these are the men that devise iniquity, and give wicked counsel in this city:
Therefore prophesy against them, prophesy, son of man."
"Thou son of man: thy brethren, thy kinsfolk, and the whole house of Judah which dwell at Jerusalem, say, 'They be gone far from the LORD, but the land is given us in possession.'
Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, who have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.
Therefore, thou son of man, prepare thee stuff for removing, and remove by day in their sight; and thou shalt remove from thy place to another place in their sight: it may be they will consider, though they be a rebellious house.
Son of man, hath not the house of Israel, the rebellious house, said unto thee, What doest thou?
Son of man, eat thy bread with quaking and drink thy water with trembling and with anxiety
Son of man, what is that saying that ye have in the land of Israel that saith, The days shall be prolonged, and every vision shall fail?
Son of man, see, the children of Israel say, The vision which he sees is for the days which are a long way off, and his words are of times still far away.
Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy out of their own heart, Hear the word of Yahweh:
Likewise, you son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people, who prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy you against them,
Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their hearts, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their faces: should I be inquired of at all by them?
"Son of Man, when a nation sins against me by a treacherous act, I'll reach out to oppose it, destroying its source of food, by sending famine against it, and by destroying both people and beast within it.
Son of man, what is the vine tree more than any tree, the vine branch which is among the trees of the forest?
Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations.
Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable unto the house of Israel;
Thy mother is like a vine in thy blood, planted by the waters: she was fruitful and full of branches by reason of many waters.
Son of man, speak to the old men of Israel, and say to them, Thus said the Lord Jehovah: Come ye to seek me? I live, if I will be sought for you, says the Lord Jehovah.
Dost thou desire to judge them? Dost thou desire to judge them, son of man? Notify them of the abominations of their fathers:
Therefore, son of man, speak unto the house of Israel and say unto them, Thus hath the Lord GOD said: Even in this your fathers have blasphemed me when they committed rebellion against me.
Son of man, set your face toward the south, preach against the south, and prophesy against the forest land of the South (the Negeb),
"Son of man, turn your face toward Jerusalem and preach against the sanctuaries. Prophesy against the land of Israel,
Sigh therefore, thou son of man; with the breaking of thy loins and with bitterness shalt thou sigh before their eyes.
"Son of man, prophesy and say, 'Thus says the LORD.' Say, 'A sword, a sword sharpened And also polished!
Cry, O thou son of man, and howl: for this sword shall smite my people, and all the rulers in Israel, which with my people shall be slain down to the ground through this sword. Smite therefore thou upon thy thigh, for it is gone forth to make a trial.
Thou therefore, son of man, prophesy, and smite thy hands together. And let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the deadly wounded. It is the sword of the great [man] who is deadly wounded, which enters into their cha
Son of man, mark two roads that the king of Babylon and his sword can take. Both of these roads should start from the same country. Make a signpost and put it at the fork of the roads that go toward the cities.
O son of man, prophesy. Announce what I, the Lord Jehovah, am saying to the Ammonites, who are insulting Israel. Say to them: A sword is ready to destroy. It is polished to kill and to flash like lightning.
Now, thou son of man, wilt thou not judge, wilt thou not judge the city that spills innocent blood and cause her to know all her abominations?
Son of man, the house of Israel is to me become dross; they are all brass and tin and iron and lead in the midst of the furnace; they are become the dross of silver.
Son of man, say to her, You are a land on which no rain or thunderstorm has come in the day of wrath.
Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother;
Then the Lord said to me: "Son of man, will you pass judgment against Oholah and Oholibah? Then declare their abominations to them
"Son of man, write the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon drew close to Jerusalem this same day.
"Son of man, behold, I am about to take from you the desire of your eyes with a blow; but you shall not mourn and you shall not weep, and your tears shall not come.
Also, thou son of man, shall it not be in the day when I take from them their strength, the joy of their glory, the desire of their eyes, and that on which they set their minds, their sons and their daughters,
Son of man, set thy face against the Ammonites, and prophesy against them;
And it cometh to pass, in the eleventh year, in the first of the month, there hath been a word of Jehovah unto me, saying: 'Son of man,
Son of man, because Tyre has said concerning Jerusalem, 'Aha, the gateway of the peoples is broken; it has opened to me. I will be filled, now that she is laid waste.'
You, son of man, take up a lamentation over Tyre.
Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyre, Thus hath the Lord GOD said: Because thy heart has lifted thee up and thou hast said, I am God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas (yet thou art man, and not God); and thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God:
Son of man, raise up lamentations upon the king of Tyre and say unto him, Thus hath the Lord GOD said: Thou dost seal up the sum of perfection, full of wisdom, and completed in beauty.
Son of man, set your face toward Sidon, and prophesy against it,
Son of man, set your face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against all Egypt:
"Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon made his army labor strenuously against Tyre. Every head was made bald and every shoulder chafed, but he and his army received no compensation from Tyre for the labor he expended against it.
"Son of man, prophesy, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Wail, 'Alas for the day.'
And it cometh to pass, in the eleventh year, in the first month, in the seventh of the month, hath a word of Jehovah been unto me, saying: 'Son of man,
"Son of Man, I've broken the arm of Pharaoh, king of Egypt. Look! It hasn't been set in a splint for healing or wrapped with a bandage so it could be strong enough to hold a sword!
Son of man, say to Pharaoh king of Egypt, and to his multitude, Whom are thou like in thy greatness?
Therefore its stature was exalted above all the trees of the field; and its boughs were multiplied, and its branches became long by reason of many waters, when it shot them forth.
Son of man, take up a lament for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say to him, You were like a young lion of the nations, but you were like a sea-monster. And you came out with your rivers, and troubled the waters with your feet, and fouled their rivers.
Son of man, cry for the many people of Egypt. Bring them down along with the other mighty nations. Send them down below the earth to be with those who have gone down to the pit.
Son of man, speak to the sons of thy people and say to them, A land, when I shall bring the sword upon her, and the people of the land took one man from their extremities, and they gave him to them for a watchman.
So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth and warn them from me.
You, son of man, tell the house of Israel: Thus you speak, saying, Our transgressions and our sins are on us, and we pine away in them; how then can we live?
And you, son of man, say to your people, The uprightness and justice of the [uncompromisingly] righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression; and as for the wicked lawlessness of the wicked lawless, he shall not fall because of it in the day that he turns from his wickedness, neither shall the rigidly upright and just be able to live because of his past righteousness in the day that he sins and misses the mark [in keeping in harmony and right standing with God].
Son of man, they that inhabit those waste places in the land of Israel speak, saying, Abraham was one, and he inherited the land: but we are many; the land is given us for inheritance.
"As for you, son of man, the children of your people talk of you by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, everyone to his brother, saying, 'Please come and hear what is the word that comes forth from the LORD.'
"Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel Prophesy and say to those shepherds, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Woe, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock?
"Thou son of man, turn thy face toward the mount Seir, prophesy upon it,
And thou, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of LORD.
Son of man, when the people of Israel lived in their land, they dishonored it by the way they lived and by everything they did. Their ways were as unclean as a woman's menstrual period.
He said to me: Son of man, can these bones live? I answered, O Lord Jehovah, you know.
Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the spirit, prophesy, son of man, and say to the spirit, Thus hath the Lord GOD said: Come from the four winds, O spirit, and breathe upon these slain, and they shall live.
Then he said unto me, Son of man, all these bones are the house of Israel; behold, they say, Our bones have dried, and our hope is lost, and in ourselves we are totally cut off.
And you, son of man, take one stick, writing on it, For Judah and for the children of Israel who are in his company: then take another stick, writing on it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and all the children of Israel who are in his company:
'Son of man, set thy face unto Gog, of the land of Magog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy concerning him,
"Therefore, son of man, prophesy, and tell Gog, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "In that day when my people Israel dwells securely, shall you not know it?
"You, son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I am against you, Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal:
"As for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD, 'Speak to every kind of bird and to every beast of the field, "Assemble and come, gather from every side to My sacrifice which I am going to sacrifice for you, as a great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel, that you may eat flesh and drink blood.
And the man said to me, Son of man, behold with thy eyes, and hear with thy ears, and set thy heart upon all that I shall show thee; for, to the intent that I might show them to thee art thou brought hither: declare all that thou seest to the house of Israel.
And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
Son of man, describe this Temple to the people of Israel. Then they will be ashamed because of their sins. Let them study the plans.
The man said: Son of man, this is what the Lord Jehovah says: 'These are the rules for sacrificing burnt offerings and for sprinkling blood on the altar after the altar is built.'
And the LORD said unto me, Son of man, pay attention, and behold with thine eyes and hear with thine ears all that I say unto thee concerning all the ordinances of the house of the LORD and all its laws; and pay attention to the entering in of the house and to every going forth from the sanctuary.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abide in the Son (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Acknowledges the Son (1 instance in 5 translations)
- As One Man (31 instances in 26 translations)
- Behold the Man (7 instances in 16 translations)
- Behold Your Son (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Believeth On The Son (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Beloved Son (19 instances in 31 translations)
- Blameless and Upright Man (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Blessed is the Man (25 instances in 31 translations)
- Bore a Son (30 instances in 18 translations)
- Certain Man (72 instances in 38 translations)
- Coming of the Son of Man (5 instances in 33 translations)
- Confesses The Son (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Conformed to the Image of His Son (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Contentious Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Countenance A Poor Man In His Cause (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Dishonored the Poor Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Double-Minded Man (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Every Man To His Inheritance (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Faithful Man (10 instances in 21 translations)
- First Man (12 instances in 39 translations)
- Firstborn Son (44 instances in 25 translations)
- Foolish Man (58 instances in 37 translations)
- From One Man (4 instances in 17 translations)
- Gave Birth To A Son (32 instances in 23 translations)
- God Formed Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- God is Greater Than Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- God is Not a Man (2 instances in 17 translations)
- God Sent Forth His Son (2 instances in 23 translations)
- Good Man (64 instances in 39 translations)
- Happy is the Man (26 instances in 21 translations)
- Head of Every Man (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Heavenly Man (2 instances in 4 translations)
- His Son Reigned in His Place (41 instances in 7 translations)
- I Am the Son of God (2 instances in 32 translations)
- I Called My Son (2 instances in 33 translations)
- If A Man Dies (5 instances in 18 translations)
- Image of His Son (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Inward Man (3 instances in 22 translations)
- Lazy Man (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Lift Up the Son of Man (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Lifted Up The Son Of Man (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Like a Drunken Man (5 instances in 16 translations)
- Man After His Own Heart (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Man After My Own Heart (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Man and Beast (36 instances in 20 translations)
- Man Became a Living Being (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Man From Heaven (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Man Full of Faith (1 instance in 39 translations)
- Man is Born to Trouble (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Man is Like a Breath (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Man Is Like To Vanity (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man Of Discretion (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Man of God (94 instances in 37 translations)
- Man Of Heaven (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Man Of Integrity (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Man of Sorrows (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Man of Unclean Lips (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Man of Understanding (21 instances in 20 translations)
- Man of War (33 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Sent From God (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone (3 instances in 18 translations)
- Mighty Man of Valor (7 instances in 11 translations)
- My Beloved Son (13 instances in 28 translations)
- New Man (6 instances in 35 translations)
- No Man Hath Seen God (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Old Man (69 instances in 38 translations)
- Only Begotten Son (9 instances in 23 translations)
- Only Son (21 instances in 38 translations)
- Outward Man (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Perfect Man (13 instances in 26 translations)
- Prayer of a Righteous Man (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Prudent Man (12 instances in 24 translations)
- Rebuke A Wise Man (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Reprove a Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Reprove A Wise Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Righteous Man (129 instances in 37 translations)
- Second Man (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Slothful Man (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Son Makes You Free (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Son of a Prophet (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Son of David (36 instances in 40 translations)
- Son of God (63 instances in 40 translations)
- Son of Perdition (4 instances in 25 translations)
- Son Of The Gods (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Son Sets You Free (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Son Therefore Shall Make You Free (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Spirit of Man (5 instances in 24 translations)
- Strive with Man (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Tongue Can No Man Tame (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Way that Seems Right to a Man (2 instances in 5 translations)
- What is Man (9 instances in 38 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Whatever a Man Sows (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Whatsoever A Man Soweth (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Who Believes in the Son (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Whoever Believes In The Son (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Whole Duty of Man (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Will a Man Rob God (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Will of Man (3 instances in 32 translations)
- Wise Man (78 instances in 37 translations)
- Wretched Man that I Am (1 instance in 21 translations)
- A Mans Character
- A Mans Reputation
- A New Song
- Angels As Sons Of God
- Anger Management
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Being A Man Of God
- Being Seen By Man
- Believers As Sons Of God
- Breaking Man's Law
- Brotherhood Of Man
- Creation Of All Mankind
- Dealing With Many People
- Depravity Of Man
- Divine Manifestations
- Drawbacks To Man's Power
- Dung and manure
- Duty Of Man To God
- Fall Of Man
- Fall Of Man, Consequences Of
- Father And Son Alike
- Father And Son In One Another
- Fathers And Sons
- Fear Of Man
- Firstborn Sons
- God Appointing His Son
- God Giving His Son
- God Giving To The Son
- God In Relation To Man
- God Sending His Son
- Interaction Of Father And Son
- Intrinsic Importance Of Man
- Israel As Sons Of God
- Jesus As Son Of David
- Jesus As Son Of Man
- Jesus As The Beloved Son
- Jesus Christ, Son Of God
- Keeping Man's Word
- Killing Many People
- Killing Sons And Daughters
- Lack Of Sons
- Love Between Father And Son
- Love, Of Fellow Man
- Man A Mere Breath
- Man Appointing
- Man As Grass
- Man Avenging
- Man Defending
- Man Differentiating
- Man Going Down
- Man Keeping Watch
- Man Of God
- Man Of Sin
- Man Providing Water
- Man Trapping
- Man Vindicates
- Man's Action Tomorrow
- Man's Authority Over The Devil
- Man's Conduct Towards God
- Man's Counsel
- Man's Dominion
- Man's Eternal Attributes
- Man's Favourite
- Man's Function
- Man's Needs
- Man's Purposes
- Man's Relation To God
- Man's Relationship With His Creator
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Man's Teaching
- Man's Thoughts
- Man's Ways
- Man's Wisdom
- Man's Words Fulfilled
- Man's Work Finished
- Man, Creation Of
- Man, Insignificance Of
- Man, Trichotomy View Of
- Manifesting (making Something Clear)
- Many Combatants
- Many Creatures
- Many Deceivers And Deceived
- Many Enemies
- Many In Israel
- Many In The Church
- Many Seeking Salvation
- Many Spiritual Beings
- Messianic Titles, Son Of God
- Ministry Of The Son Of Man
- Only Son Of God
- Praise, Manner And Methods Of
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Reconciliation, Between God And Man
- Relation Of Animals To Man
- Relationship Of Father And Son
- Reuben Gad And Half Manasseh
- Son Of Man
- Sons In Law
- Sons Of God
- Sons Of The Prophets
- The Beloved Son
- The Frailty Of Man
- The Glory Of Man
- The Inner Man
- The New Man In Christ
- The Spirit Of Man
- Things Manifest
- Time Management
- Too Many Words
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- Two Sons
- Wedding Songs
- What Manner?
- What Value Is Man?
- Wise Man Or Fool
- Writing Songs
- Hindering God's Work
- Looking And Seeing
- God's Things Revealed
- 30 more topics on Son
- 70 more topics on Man