'Temple of the Lord' in the Bible
These are the men to whom David handed responsibility for music in the Temple of the LORD, after the ark came to rest there.
They ministered in song in front of the Tent of Meeting, until Solomon had built the Temple of the LORD in Jerusalem. They served in accordance with orders of service designated for them.
David then said, "This is the place where the temple of the Lord God will be, along with the altar for burnt sacrifices for Israel."
So now, my son, may the LORD be with you, so that you are successful in constructing the Temple of the LORD your God, just as he has spoken about you.
At great effort I have provided for the Temple of the LORD 100,000 gold talents, 1,000,000 silver talents, as well as bronze and iron beyond calculation, since there is so much of it. I've also provided timber and stone, but you'll need to obtain more.
Now therefore set your hearts and your souls to seek the LORD your God. And up, and build ye the temple of the LORD God, to bring the Ark of the Covenant of the LORD, and the holy vessels of God into the house so built for the name of the LORD."
"24,000 of these," David said, "are to be set in charge of the work of the Temple of the LORD, with 6,000 serving as officers and judges,
These were the descendants of Levi according to their ancestral households, with family heads documented according to the names of persons 20 years and older who were appointed to perform work in service to the Temple of the LORD.
"Instead, they are to assist by lending a hand to the descendants of Aaron regarding service to the Temple of the LORD relating to the courts, the chambers, purification of everything pertaining to holiness, and to anything else pertaining to service on behalf of the Temple of God, including assisting with the rows of showbread, selecting flour for the grain offerings, the unleavened bread, baked offerings, and oil-based offerings, no matter what the quantity or sizes.
By doing this, they will fulfill their obligation as trustees over the Tent of Assembly and the Sanctuary, attending to the needs of their relatives, who are descendants of Aaron, in keeping with their service on behalf of the Temple of the LORD."
These were appointed to enter the Temple of the LORD according to their protocols established by their ancestor Aaron, as commanded by the LORD God of Israel.
They were all under their father's supervision regarding music in the Temple of the LORD with cymbals, harps, and lyres for the service of the Temple of God.
With respect to their leaders, these courses of trustees had responsibilities, along with their relatives, regarding ministry within the Temple of the LORD
The descendants of Jehieli, Zetham and his brother Joel, were responsible for the treasuries of the Temple of the LORD.
They dedicated gifts for the maintenance of the Temple of the LORD from spoils of war.
and the plans for everything else that he had in mind for the courtyards of the Temple of the LORD. Included were plans for all of the surrounding vaults and treasuries of the Temple of God intended for storage of dedicated gifts,
for use by the ranks of priests and descendants of Levi, for all the work of service responsibilities in the Temple of the LORD, and for all of the utensils used in the work of the Temple of the LORD.
David continued with these words for his son Solomon: "Be strong and courageous, and get to work. Never be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you nor will he abandon you right up to your completion of the work for the service of the Temple of the LORD.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Body is the Temple (1 instance in 16 translations)
- Build a Temple (30 instances in 6 translations)
- Build Him a Temple (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Build the Temple (22 instances in 21 translations)
- Building a Temple (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Curtain Of The Temple (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Defile the Temple (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Desecrate The Temple (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Destroy This Temple (4 instances in 31 translations)
- Doors of the Temple (6 instances in 21 translations)
- Filled the Temple (9 instances in 17 translations)
- Filled The Temple Of The Lord (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Foundation of the Temple (6 instances in 18 translations)
- Highest Point Of The Temple (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Holy Temple (21 instances in 32 translations)
- Lord Filled the Temple (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Lord is in His Holy Temple (2 instances in 12 translations)
- Pinnacle of the Temple (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Profane The Temple (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Robe Filled the Temple (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Taught Daily In The Temple (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Teaching Daily in the Temple (1 instance in 14 translations)
- Temple of Baal (10 instances in 7 translations)
- Temple of God (62 instances in 38 translations)
- Temple of the Holy Spirit (1 instance in 23 translations)
- Train Filled The Temple (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Veil of the Temple (3 instances in 21 translations)
- A Believers Body As A Temple
- Art In The Temple
- Christ In The Temple
- Courts Of The Temple
- Destruction Of The Temple
- Dimensions Of Temple Furniture
- Disciples In The Temple
- Entering The Temple
- Gates Of The Temple
- Gateways Of The Temple
- Interlopers In The Temple
- Measuring The Temple
- Money For The Temple
- Opening The Temple
- Pillars For Ezekiel's Temple
- Pillars For Solomon's Temple
- Plans For A New Temple
- Provision Of Temple Utensils
- Rebuilding The Temple
- Rooms Of Ezekiel's Temple
- Solomon's Temple
- Status Of The Temple
- Temple Assistants
- Temple Utensils In Use