'Verily I Say Unto You' in the Bible
Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.
Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto you, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crows twice, you shall deny me three times.
- But I Say to You (27 instances in 27 translations)
- Counted Unto Him (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Found Liars Unto Thee (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Given Unto Us The Earnest Of The Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Giveth Grace Unto The Lowly (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Hearken Unto Me (46 instances in 10 translations)
- Hearken Unto The Prayer (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Looking Unto Jesus (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Obedient Unto Death (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Respect Unto The Prayer (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Say The Word (6 instances in 22 translations)
- Sickness is Not Unto Death (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Sin Unto Death (3 instances in 15 translations)
- Truly I Say to You (82 instances in 13 translations)
- Turn Again Unto Dust (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Unto The Death (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Unto Us a Child is Born (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Woe Unto Them (15 instances in 7 translations)