'With The Sword' in the Bible
And he said, "You shall not kill. Would you kill [those] whom you took captive with the sword or with the bow? Put food and water before them that they may eat and drink and then go to their master."
And Hazael said, Why weepeth my lord? And he answered, Because I know the evil that thou wilt do unto the children of Israel: their strong holds wilt thou set on fire, and their young men wilt thou slay with the sword, and wilt dash their children, and rip up their women with child.
As soon as he had finished offering the burnt offering, Jehu said to the guards and to the officers, Go in and slay them; let none escape. And they smote them with the sword; and the guards or runners [before the king] and the officers threw their bodies out and went into the inner dwelling of the house of Baal.
But Jehoiada the priest commanded the captains of the hundreds, the officers of the host, and said unto them, Have her forth without the ranges: and him that followeth her kill with the sword. For the priest had said, Let her not be slain in the house of the LORD.
And all the people of the land rejoiced, and the city was in quiet: and they slew Athaliah with the sword beside the king's house.
For I will send him a blast that he shall hear tidings, and so return to his own land: And I will overthrow him with the sword even in his own land.'"
And it came to pass, as he was worshipping in the house of Nisroch his god, that Adrammelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword: and they escaped into the land of Armenia. And Esarhaddon his son reigned in his stead.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Who Take the Sword (1 instance in 6 translations)
- By the Sword (136 instances in 37 translations)
- Die by the Sword (34 instances in 23 translations)
- Double-Edged Sword (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Edge of the Sword (37 instances in 36 translations)
- Fall Before You By The Sword (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Fall by the Sword (35 instances in 21 translations)
- Flaming Sword (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Perish by the Sword (5 instances in 27 translations)
- Sharp Two-Edged Sword (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Sharper Than Any Two-Edged Sword (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Smite With The Sword (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Strike with the Sword (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Sword of My Mouth (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Sword of the Lord (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Sword of the Spirit (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Sword Shall Never Depart (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Tongue Like a Sword (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Two-Edged Sword (7 instances in 33 translations)