an adversary. (1.) A son of Simeon (1Ch 4:24).
(2.) One of the chiefs sent by Ezra to bring up the priests to Jerusalem (Ezr 8:16).
(3.) Ezr 10:18.
2. Accompanied Ezra (Ezr 8:16) from Babylon. Sent unto Iddo the chief at Casiphia, and to his brethren the Nethinims, to procure ministers for the house of God.
3. Ezr 10:18.
1. The eponym of a Simeonite family (1Ch 4:24 = Jachin of Ge 46:10; Ex 6:15; Nu 26:12). 2. One of the 'chief men' who were sent by Ezra to Casiphia in search of Levites (Ezr 8:16); called in 1Es 8:44 Joribus. 3. A priest who had married a foreign wife (Ezr 10:18); called in 1Es 9:19 Joribus.
1. Son of Simeon. 1Ch 4:24. See JACHIN.
2. One whom Ezra sent to fetch Levites for the house of God. Ezr 8:16.
3. Priest who had married a strange wife. Ezr 10:18.
1. Named in the list of
2. One of the "chief men" who accompanied Ezra on his journey from Babylon to Jerusalem.
3. A priest of the house of Jeshua the son of Jozadak, who had married a foreign wife, and was compelled by Ezra to put her away.
4. 1 Macc. 14:29. A contraction or corruption of the name JOARIB. ch. 2:1.