(2.) One of the Levites who took part in praising God on the removal of the ark to Jerusalem (1Ch 16:5).
(3.) 2Ch 29:13. A Levite of the sons of Asaph.
(4.) 2Ch 26:11. A scribe.
(5.) 1Ch 5:7. A Reubenite chief.
(6.) One of the chief Levites, who made an offering for the restoration of the Passover by Josiah (2Ch 35:9).
(7.) Ezr 8:13.
(8.) Ezr 10:43.
1. 1Ch 5:7.
3. 2Ch 20:14.
4. 2Ch 26:11.
5. 2Ch 29:13.
6. 2Ch 35:9.
7. Ezr 8:13.
8. Ezr 10:43.
1. A Reubenite (1Ch 5:7). 2. An ancestor of Saul (1Ch 8:29, supplied in RV from 1Ch 9:35). 3. One of David's heroes (1Ch 11:44). 4. 5. The name of two Levite families: (a) 1Ch 15:18,21; 16:5-6; 2Ch 20:14; (b) 2Ch 35:9 [1Es 1:9 Ochielus]. 6. A scribe in the reign of Uzziah (2Ch 26:11). 7. One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezr 10:43). In 2. 3. 6. Keth
1. A chief of the tribe of Reuben. 1Ch 5:7.
3. Son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph. 2Ch 20:14.
4. Scribe to king Uzziah. 2Ch 26:11.
5. Son of Elizaphan, a Levite. 2Ch 29:13.
6. A chief of the Levites in the time of Josiah. 2Ch 35:9.
7. Son of Adonikam: he returned from exile. Ezr 8:13.
8. One who had married a strange wife. Ezr 10:43.
(treasured of God).
1. A Reubenite of the house of Joel.
2. A Merarite Levite, one of the gate-keepers to the sacred tent.
His duty was also to play the harp, ver.
or the psaltery and harp,
in the service before the ark. (B.C. 1043.)
3. A Gershonite Levite, one of the Bene-Asaph, forefather of Jahaziel in the time of King Jehoshaphat.
4. The scribe who kept the account of the numbers of King Uzziah's irregular predatory warriors.
5. A Gershonite Levite, one of the Bene-Elizaphan.
6. One of the chiefs of the Levites in the time of Josiah.
7. One of the Bene-Adonikam who formed part of the caravan of Ezra from Babylon to Jerusalem.
8. A layman of the Bene-Nebo, who had taken a foreign wife and had to relinquish her.