dweller in the desert. (1.) One of the sons of Joktan, and founder of an Arabian tribe (Ge 10:29). (2.) King of Edom, succeeded Bela (Ge 36:33-34). (3.) A Canaanitish king (Jos 11:1) who joined the confederacy against Joshua.
2. King of Edom (Ge 36:33-34); son of Zerah of Bozrah; successor of Bela, first king. His association in kindred with Eliphaz (2) gives color to the conjecture that Jobab equates to Job.
3. Jos 11:1.
4. 1Ch 8:9.
3. King of Madon, conquered by Joshua. Jos 11:1.
4. Son of Shaharaim, a Benjamite. 1Ch 8:9.
5. Son of Elpaal, a Benjamite. 1Ch 8:18.
1. The last in order of the sons of Joktan.
2. One of the "kings" of Edom.
3. King of Madon; one of the northern chieftains who attempted to oppose Joshua's conquest and were routed by him at Meron.
4. Head of a Benjamite house.