a sharp thorn. (1.) One of the sons of Michah (1Ch 24:24).
(2.) A town among the mountains of Judah (Jos 15:48); probably Somerah, 2 1/2 miles north-west of Debir.
(3.) The residence of Tola, one of the judges, on Mount Ephraim (Jg 10:1-2).
1. Son of Michah, a Levite. 1Ch 24:24.
2. City in the mountains of Judah. Jos 15:48. Identified by some with ruins at Somerah, 31 25' N, 34 56' E.
3. City in Mount Ephraim, the residence of Tola, one of the judges. Jg 10:1-2. Not identified.
(n point or thorn.)
1. A town in the mountain district of Judah.
only. It probably lay some eight or ten miles south of Hebron.
2. A place in Mount Ephraim, the residence and burial-place of Tola the judge.
Perhaps Samur, half-way between Samaria and Jenin.
3. A Kohathite, son of Micah or Michal, the first-born of Uzziel.