gift of Jehovah. (1.) A son of Asahel, Joab's brother (1Ch 27:7).
(2.) A Levite who took part as one of the teachers in the system of national education instituted by Jehoshaphat (2Ch 17:7-8).
(3.) The son of Ishmael, "the ruler of the house of Judah in all the king's matters" (2Ch 19:8-11).
(4.) A son of Beriah (1Ch 8:15).
(5.) A Korhite porter of the Lord's house (1Ch 26:2). Three or four others of this name are also mentioned.
1. A Benjamite of the sons of Beriah (1Ch 8:15).
2. Of the sons of Elpaal (1Ch 8:17).
3. Of the sons of Jeroham of Gedor, a Benjamite who joined David at Ziklag (1Ch 12:7).
4. Son of Asahel, Joab's brother (1Ch 27:7).
6. A priest, of the sons of Immer; married a foreign wife (Ezr 10:20).
7. Third son of Meshelemiah, the Korhite (1Ch 26:2).
8. A Levite sent by Jehoshaphat to teach the law in the Cities of Judah (2Ch 17:8).
9. Son of Ishmael, and prince of Judah under Jehoshaphat (2Ch 19:11). Zebadiah probably acted for the king, Amariah the high priest for the priesthood and ecclesiastical interests in the court consisting of priests, Levites, and chief men, over which they jointly presided, and which decided all causes civil and ecclesiastical.
1. Son of Beriah, a Benjamite. 1Ch 8:15.
2. Son of Elpaal, a Benjamite. 1Ch 8:17.
3. A warrior who joined David at Ziklag. 1Ch 12:7.
4. Son of Meshelemiah, a Korhite. 1Ch 26:2.
5. Son of Asahel, the brother of Joab. 1Ch 27:7.
6. Levite sent by Jehoshaphat to teach the people. 2Ch 17:8.
7. Son of Ishmael of the house of Judah, and one of Jehoshaphat's rulers 'for all the king's matters.' 2Ch 19:11.
8. Son of Michael: he returned from exile. Ezr 8:8.
9. Priest who had married a strange wife. Ezr 10:20.
1. A Benjamite of the sons of Beriah.
2. A Benjamite of the sons of Elpaal.
3. One of the sons of Jeroham of Gedor.
4. Son of Asahel, the brother of Joab.
5. Son of Michael, of the sons of Shephatiah.
6. A priest Of the sons of Immer, who had married a foreign wife after the return from Babylon.
7. Third son of Meshelemiah the Korhite.
8. A Levite in the reign of Jehoshaphat.
9. The son of Ishmael and prince of the house of Judah in the reign of Jehoshaphat.