Search: 18 results
'Thou dost not bow thyself to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their doings, but dost utterly devote them, and thoroughly break their standing pillars.
And Moses writeth all the words of Jehovah, and riseth early in the morning, and buildeth an altar under the hill, and twelve standing pillars for the twelve tribes of Israel;
for their altars ye break down, and their standing pillars ye shiver, and its shrines ye cut down;
'But thus thou dost to them: their altars ye break down, and their standing pillars ye shiver, and their shrines ye cut down, and their graven images ye burn with fire;
and ye have broken down their altars, and shivered their standing pillars, and their shrines ye burn with fire, and graven images of their gods ye cut down, and have destroyed their name out of that place.
And they build -- also they -- for themselves high places, and standing-pillars, and shrines, on every high height, and under every green tree;
and bring out the standing-pillars of the house of Baal, and burn them,
and set up for them standing-pillars and shrines on every high height, and under every green tree,
he hath turned aside the high places, and broken in pieces the standing-pillars, and cut down the shrine, and beaten down the brazen serpent that Moses made, for unto these days were the sons of Israel making perfume to it, and he calleth it 'a piece of brass.'
And he hath broken in pieces the standing-pillars, and cutteth down the shrines, and filleth their place with bones of men;
and turneth aside the altars of the stranger, and the high places, and breaketh the standing-pillars, and cutteth down the shrines,
And at the completion of all this, gone out have all Israel who are found present to the cities of Judah, and break the standing-pillars, and cut down the shrines, and break down the high places and the altars, out of all Judah and Benjamin, and in Ephraim and Manasseh, even to completion, and all the sons of Israel turn back, each to his Possession, to their cities.
and he hath broken the standing pillars of the house of the sun, that is in the land of Egypt, and the houses of the gods of Egypt he doth burn with fire.'
An empty vine is Israel, Fruit he maketh like to himself, According to the abundance of his fruit, He hath multiplied for the altars, According to the goodness of his land, They have made goodly standing-pillars.
Their heart hath been divided, now they are guilty, He doth break down their altars, He doth destroy their standing-pillars.
The length of the porch was twenty cubits and the width eleven cubits; and at the stairway by which it was ascended, there were [two] columns beside the side pillars, one on each side [of the entrance].
I saw [in a vision] the Lord standing at the altar, and He said,
And break them on the heads of all of the people!
Then I will kill the rest of them with the sword;
They will not have a fugitive who will get away,
Or a survivor who will escape.
- Caterpillars (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Cedar-pillars (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Notwithstanding (37 instances in 5 translations)
- Outstanding (9 instances in 5 translations)
- Outstandingly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pillars (146 instances in 13 translations)
- Standing (518 instances in 12 translations)
- Standing-corn (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Standing-pillar (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Standing-pillars (10 instances in 1 translation)
- Standing-place (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sun-pillars (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Understanding (295 instances in 12 translations)
- Understanding's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Understandingly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Understandings (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Withstanding (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Being Without Understanding
- Dimensions Of Pillars
- God Giving Understanding
- God Has Understanding
- God's Ways Beyond Human Understanding
- Metaphorical Pillars
- Not Understanding God's Things
- Not Understanding Language
- Not Understanding Other Things
- Not Understanding Sayings
- Pillars For Ezekiel's Temple
- Pillars For Solomon's Temple
- Pillars For The Tabernacle
- Proper Understanding
- Scripture, Understanding
- Spiritual Understanding
- Standing At A Distance
- Standing Firm
- Standing In The Gateway