Parts of Speech
TWOT Reference: TDNT 3:501
KJV Translation Count — 118x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: church (115), assembly (3)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1. a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
a. an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating
b. the assembly of the Israelites
c. any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously
d. in a Christian sense
1. an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting
2. a company of Christians, or of those who, hoping for eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, observe their own religious rites, hold their own religious meetings, and manage their own affairs, according to regulations prescribed for the body for order's sake
3. those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body
4. the whole body of Christians scattered throughout the earth
5. the assembly of faithful Christians already dead and received into heaven
For Synonyms see entry 5897
ek-klay-see'-ah; from a compound of (1537) (ἐκ) and a derivative of (2564) (καλέω); a calling out, i.e. (concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both): — assembly, church.
Concordance Results Using KJV
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my G1577; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the G1577: but if he neglect to hear the G1577, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the G1577 daily such as should be saved.
And great fear came upon all the G1577, and upon as many as heard these things.
This is he, that was in the G1577 in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the G1577 which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
As for Saul, he made havock of the G1577, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
Then had the G1577es rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the G1577 which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.