Parts of Speech
Root Word (Etymology)
TWOT Reference: TDNT 7:465
KJV Translation Count — 51x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: wisdom (51)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1. wisdom, broad and full of intelligence; used of the knowledge of very diverse matters
a. the wisdom which belongs to men
1. spec. the varied knowledge of things human and divine, acquired by acuteness and experience, and summed up in maxims and proverbs
2. the science and learning
3. the act of interpreting dreams and always giving the sagest advice
4. the intelligence evinced in discovering the meaning of some mysterious number or vision
5. skill in the management of affairs
6. devout and proper prudence in intercourse with men not disciples of Christ, skill and discretion in imparting Christian truth
7. the knowledge and practice of the requisites for godly and upright living
b. supreme intelligence, such as belongs to God
1. to Christ
2. the wisdom of God as evinced in forming and executing counsels in the formation and government of the world and the scriptures
For Synonyms see entry 5826 & 5894
sof-ee'-ah; from (4680) (σοφός); wisdom (higher or lower, worldly or spiritual): — wisdom.
Concordance Results Using KJV
The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But G4678 is justified of her children.
The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the G4678 of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this G4678, and these mighty works?
And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what G4678 is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with G4678: and the grace of God was upon him.
And Jesus increased in G4678 and stature, and in favour with God and man.
But G4678 is justified of all her children.
The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the G4678 of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
Therefore also said the G4678 of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
For I will give you a mouth and G4678, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.