Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 9x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Jehohanan (6), Johanan (3)
Outline of Biblical Usage
ehohanan = "Jehovah has graced"
1. a priest during the high priesthood of Joiakim who returned with Zerubbabel
2. a high priest in the time of Ezra
3. a Levite priest who took part in the dedication of the wall in the time of Nehemiah
4. son of Tobiah
5. a Korhite Levite and one of the doorkeepers to the tabernacle in the time of David
6. a captain of Judah under king Jehoshaphat
7. an Ephraimite
8. an Israelite with a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
9. a Jewish captain after the fall of Jerusalem
10. the eldest son of king Josiah
11. a post-exilic prince of the line of David
12. father of Azariah, priest in Solomon's time
13. a Benjamite, one of David's mighty warriors
14. a Gadite, one of David's mighty warriors
15. a returning exile
Yhowchanan, yeh-ho-khaw-nawn'; from 3068 and 2603; Jehovah-favored; Jehochanan, the name of eight Israelites: — Jehohanan, Johanan. Compare 3110.
Concordance Results Using KJV
Elam the fifth, H3076 the sixth, Elioenai the seventh.
And next to him was H3076 the captain, and with him two hundred and fourscore thousand.
And in the seventh year Jehoiada strengthened himself, and took the captains of hundreds, Azariah the son of Jeroham, and Ishmael the son of H3076, and Azariah the son of Obed, and Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri, into covenant with him.
Then certain of the heads of the children of Ephraim, Azariah the son of H3076, Berechiah the son of Meshillemoth, and Jehizkiah the son of Shallum, and Amasa the son of Hadlai, stood up against them that came from the war,
Then Ezra rose up from before the house of God, and went into the chamber of H3076 the son of Eliashib: and when he came thither, he did eat no bread, nor drink water: for he mourned because of the transgression of them that had been carried away.
Of the sons also of Bebai; H3076, Hananiah, Zabbai, and Athlai.
For there were many in Judah sworn unto him, because he was the son in law of Shechaniah the son of Arah; and his son H3076 had taken the daughter of Meshullam the son of Berechiah.
Of Ezra, Meshullam; of Amariah, H3076;
And Maaseiah, and Shemaiah, and Eleazar, and Uzzi, and H3076, and Malchijah, and Elam, and Ezer. And the singers sang loud, with Jezrahiah their overseer.