Ychiy'el; yekh-ee-ale' or (2 Chronicles 29:14) Ychav'el
yekhATrans. & freq. in the AV- ale'
Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 14x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Jehiel (14)
Outline of Biblical Usage
ehiel = "God lives"
1. a Levite and one of the chief musicians in the time of David
2. a Gershonite Levite who had charge of the treasures in the time of David
3. son of Hachmoni and an officer of David and tutor of David's sons
4. a son of king Jehoshaphat of Judah put to death by his brother Jehoram
5. Hemanite who took part in the restoration of king Hezekiah
6. a Levite and overseer in the time of Hezekiah
7. a ruler of the temple during the reforms of Josiah
8. father of Obadiah of the sons of Joab in the time of Ezra
9. father of Shechaniah of the sons of Elam in the time of Ezra
10. a son of Elam who put away his foreign wife in the time of Ezra
11. a priest of the sons of Harim who also had to put away his foreign wife in the time of Ezra
Ychiy'el, yekh-ee-ale'; or (2 Chronicles 29:14) Ychavrel, yekh-av-ale'; from 2421 and 410; God will live; Jechiel (or Jechavel), the name of eight Israelites: — Jehiel.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And with them their brethren of the second degree, Zechariah, Ben, and Jaaziel, and Shemiramoth, and H3171, and Unni, Eliab, and Benaiah, and Maaseiah, and Mattithiah, and Elipheleh, and Mikneiah, and Obededom, and Jeiel, the porters.
And Zechariah, and Aziel, and Shemiramoth, and H3171, and Unni, and Eliab, and Maaseiah, and Benaiah, with psalteries on Alamoth;
Asaph the chief, and next to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and H3171, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obededom: and Jeiel with psalteries and with harps; but Asaph made a sound with cymbals;
The sons of Laadan; the chief was H3171, and Zetham, and Joel, three.
Also Jonathan David's uncle was a counseller, a wise man, and a scribe: and H3171 the son of Hachmoni was with the king's sons:
And they with whom precious stones were found gave them to the treasure of the house of the LORD, by the hand of H3171 the Gershonite.
And he had brethren the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and H3171, and Zechariah, and Azariah, and Michael, and Shephatiah: all these were the sons of Jehoshaphat king of Israel.
And of the sons of Heman; H3171, and Shimei: and of the sons of Jeduthun; Shemaiah, and Uzziel.
And H3171, and Azaziah, and Nahath, and Asahel, and Jerimoth, and Jozabad, and Eliel, and Ismachiah, and Mahath, and Benaiah, were overseers under the hand of Cononiah and Shimei his brother, at the commandment of Hezekiah the king, and Azariah the ruler of the house of God.
And his princes gave willingly unto the people, to the priests, and to the Levites: Hilkiah and Zechariah and H3171, rulers of the house of God, gave unto the priests for the passover offerings two thousand and six hundred small cattle, and three hundred oxen.