Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 48x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Ishmael (48)
Outline of Biblical Usage
shmael = "God will hear"
1. son of Abraham and Sarah's handmaid Hagar and the progenitor of the Arabian peoples
2. son of Nethaniah and the murderer of Gedaliah
3. a Benjamite, one of the sons of Azel a descendant of Saul through Meribbaal or Mephibosheth
4. a Judaite, father of Zebadiah
5. a Judaite, son of Johanan and one of the captains who aided Jehoiada in restoring Joash to the throne
6. a priest of the family of Pashur with a foreign wife whom he was forced to put away by Ezra
Yishma`e'l, yish-maw-ale'; from 8085 and 410; God will hear; Jishmael, the name of Abraham's oldest son, and of five Israelites: — Ishmael.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name H3458; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called his son's name, which Hagar bare, H3458.
And Abram was fourscore and six years old, when Hagar bare H3458 to Abram.
And Abraham said unto God, O that H3458 might live before thee!
And as for H3458, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
And Abraham took H3458 his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.
And H3458 his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
In the selfsame day was Abraham circumcised, and H3458 his son.
And his sons Isaac and H3458 buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre;
Now these are the generations of H3458, Abraham's son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's handmaid, bare unto Abraham: