◄ H3615 ►
Parts of Speech
Root Word (Etymology)
a primitive root
TWOT Reference: 982, 983, 984
KJV Translation Count — 206x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: consume (57), end (44), finish (20), fail (18), accomplish (12), done (9), spend (8), ended (7), determined (4), away (3), fulfil (3), fainteth (2), destroy (2), left (2), waste (2), misc 1(3)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1. to accomplish, cease, consume, determine, end, fail, finish, be complete, be accomplished, be ended, be at an end, be finished, be spent
1. to be complete, be at an end
2. to be completed, be finished
3. to be accomplished, be fulfilled
4. to be determined, be plotted (bad sense)
5. to be spent, be used up
6. to waste away, be exhausted, fail
7. to come to an end, vanish, perish, be destroyed
1. to complete, bring to an end, finish
2. to complete (a period of time)
3. to finish (doing a thing)
4. to make an end, end
5. to accomplish, fulfil, bring to pass
6. to accomplish, determine (in thought)
7. to put an end to, cause to cease
8. to cause to fail, exhaust, use up, spend
9. to destroy, exterminate
c. (Pual) to be finished, be ended, be completed
kalah, kaw-law'; a primitive root; to end, whether intransitive (to cease, be finished, perish) or transitived (to complete, prepare, consume): — accomplish, cease, consume (away), determine, destroy (utterly), be (when... were) done, (be an) end (of), expire, (cause to) fail, faint, finish, fulfil, X fully, X have, leave (off), long, bring to pass, wholly reap, make clean riddance, spend, quite take away, waste.
Concordance Results Using KJV
Thus the heavens and the earth were H3615ed, and all the host of them.
And on the seventh day God H3615ed his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou H3615 it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
And he H3615 off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.
And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had H3615 communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs.
And it came to pass, before he had H3615 speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.
And when she had H3615 giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have H3615 drinking.
And it came to pass, as the camels had H3615 drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;
And before I had H3615 speaking in mine heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder; and she went down unto the well, and drew water: and I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee.