Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 43x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Shimei (41), Shimhi (1), Shimi (1)
Outline of Biblical Usage
himei or Shimhi or Shimi or Shimea = "renowned"
1. a Benjamite, son of Gera of the house of Saul in the time of David
2. a Benjamite, son of Elah and commissariat officer in the time of Solomon
3. the Ramathite in charge of the vineyards of David
4. son of Gershon and grandson of Levi
5. a Levite, son of Jeduthun and chief of the 10th division of singers in the time of David
6. a Levite of the sons of Heman who took part in the purification of the temple in the time of king Hezekiah of Judah
7. a Levite, brother of Cononiah in charge of receiving the tithes and offerings in the reign of king Hezekiah of Judah
8. a Levite who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
9. a Judaite, son of Pedaiah and brother of Zerubbabel
10. a Simeonite, son of Zacchur
11. a Reubenite, son of Gog and father of Micah
12. one of the sons of Hashum who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
13. one of the sons of Bani who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
14. a Benjamite, son of Kish, father of Jair, and grandfather of Mordecai in the time of Esther
15. a Levite, son of Jahath, grandson of Gershon, and great grandson of Levi
16. Benjamite, father of Adaiah, Beraiah, and Shimrath. Spelled 'Shimhi'
Shim`iy, shim-ee'; from 8088; famous; Shimi, the name of twenty Israelites: — Shimeah (from the margin), Shimei, Shimhi, Shimi.
Concordance Results Using KJV
The sons of Gershon; Libni, and H8096, according to their families.
And these are the names of the sons of Gershon by their families; Libni, and H8096.
And when king David came to Bahurim, behold, thence came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was H8096, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed still as he came.
And thus said H8096 when he cursed, Come out, come out, thou bloody man, and thou man of Belial:
And as David and his men went by the way, H8096 went along on the hill's side over against him, and cursed as he went, and threw stones at him, and cast dust.
And H8096 the son of Gera, a Benjamite, which was of Bahurim, hasted and came down with the men of Judah to meet king David.
And there went over a ferry boat to carry over the king's household, and to do what he thought good. And H8096 the son of Gera fell down before the king, as he was come over Jordan;
But Abishai the son of Zeruiah answered and said, Shall not H8096 be put to death for this, because he cursed the LORD'S anointed?
Therefore the king said unto H8096, Thou shalt not die. And the king sware unto him.
But Zadok the priest, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and Nathan the prophet, and H8096, and Rei, and the mighty men which belonged to David, were not with Adonijah.