Srayah; ser-aw-yaw' or Srayahuw
Parts of Speech
KJV Translation Count — 20x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Seraiah (20)
Outline of Biblical Usage
eraiah = "Jehovah is ruler"
n pr m
1. the scribe or secretary of David
2. son of Azariah, father of Jehozadak, and the chief priest in the reign of king Zedekiah of Judah and at the time of the capture of Jerusalem
3. son of Tanhumeth the Netophathite and one of the men who went to Gedaliah, the governor over Judah appointed by Nebuchadnezzar, and gave their oath to serve the king of Babylon
4. a Judaite, son of Kenaz, brother of Othniel, and father of Joab
5. a Simeonite, father of Josibiah and grandfather of Jehu
6. a people of the province who returned from exile with Zerubbabel
a. maybe the same as 10
7. son of Azariah and father of Ezra the priest and scribe
8. a priest who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
9. a priest, son of Hilkiah in the time of Nehemiah
10. a priest or Levite who returned from exile with Zerubbabel
a. probably a priest and the head of a family of priests after the exile. Maybe same as 6
11. son of Meraiah and messenger sent by the prophet Jeremiah to Babylon with a book of his writings
12. son of Azriel and one of the 3 men commanded by king Jehoiakim of Judah to seize Jeremiah and Baruch
Srayah, ser-aw-yaw'; or Srayahuw, ser-awyaw'-hoo; from 8280 and 3050; Jah has prevailed; Serajah, the name of nine Israelites: — Seraiah.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And Zadok the son of Ahitub, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, were the priests; and H8304 was the scribe;
And the captain of the guard took H8304 the chief priest, and Zephaniah the second priest, and the three keepers of the door:
And when all the captains of the armies, they and their men, heard that the king of Babylon had made Gedaliah governor, there came to Gedaliah to Mizpah, even Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, and Johanan the son of Careah, and H8304 the son of Tanhumeth the Netophathite, and Jaazaniah the son of a Maachathite, they and their men.
And the sons of Kenaz; Othniel, and H8304: and the sons of Othniel; Hathath.
And Meonothai begat Ophrah: and H8304 begat Joab, the father of the valley of Charashim; for they were craftsmen.
And Joel, and Jehu the son of Josibiah, the son of H8304, the son of Asiel,
And Azariah begat H8304, and H8304 begat Jehozadak,
Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, H8304, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel:
Now after these things, in the reign of Artaxerxes king of Persia, Ezra the son of H8304, the son of Azariah, the son of Hilkiah,
H8304, Azariah, Jeremiah,