'Believers' in the Bible
In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a gathering of about one hundred and twenty people) and said,
The believers continued to devote themselves to what the apostles were teaching, to fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to times of prayer.
Now all the believers were together and had everything in common.
After they were released, Peter and John went to their fellow believers and told them everything the high priests and the elders had said.
Now all the believers were one in heart and soul, and nobody called any of his possessions his own. Instead, they shared everything they owned.
And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)
went to the High Priest and begged from him letters addressed to the synagogues in Damascus, in order that if he found any believers there, either men or women, he might bring them in chains to Jerusalem.
The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astounded, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.
So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers took issue with him,
For he was a good man, and was full of the Holy Spirit and of faith; and the number of believers in the Lord greatly increased.
But some of the believers from the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to command them to keep the law of Moses!"
As they went through the towns, they passed on the decrees that had been decided on by the apostles and elders in Jerusalem for the Gentile believers to obey.
Many of them therefore became believers, together with not a few prominent Greeks, women as well as men.
Some men joined him and became believers. With them were Dionysius, who was a member of the Areopagus, a woman named Damaris, and some others along with them.
And many who had become believers came confessing and disclosing their practices,
After he had gone through those regions and spoken many words of encouragement to the believers there, he came to Greece,
When they heard about it, they praised God and told him, "You see, brother, how many tens of thousands of believers there are among the Jews, and all of them are zealous for the Law.
As for the gentiles who have become believers, we have sent a letter with our decision that they should keep away from food that has been sacrificed to idols, from blood, from anything strangled, and from sexual immorality."
As the high priest and whole council of elders (Sanhedrin) can testify; for from them indeed I received letters with which I was on my way to the brethren in Damascus in order to take also those [believers] who were there, and bring them in chains to Jerusalem that they might be punished.
There we found believers and were invited to stay with them for seven days. And so we came to Rome.
Now the believers from there had heard the news about us and had come to meet us as far as Forum of Appius and Three Taverns. When Paul saw them, he thanked God and took courage.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Believe (271 instances in 13 translations)
- Believed (141 instances in 13 translations)
- Believedst (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Believer (26 instances in 12 translations)
- Believes (41 instances in 10 translations)
- Believest (8 instances in 5 translations)
- Believeth (42 instances in 4 translations)
- Believing (106 instances in 13 translations)
- Disbelieve (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Disbelieved (9 instances in 5 translations)
- Disbelieves (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Disbelieveth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Disbelieving (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Make-believe (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unbelievable (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unbeliever (11 instances in 12 translations)
- Unbelievers (33 instances in 13 translations)
- Unbelieving (28 instances in 13 translations)
- A Believers Body As A Temple
- Aliens, Believers Duty
- All Believers Are Saints
- Angels Activities Among Believers
- Angels Activities Among Unbelievers
- Angels, Ministry To Believers
- Angels, Ministry To Unbelievers
- Apostate Believers
- Beating Believers
- Believers As Sons Of God
- Believers Judging
- Believers Reigning Forever
- Christ's Knowledge Of Believers
- Circumcision, physical
- Criticism, against believers
- Criticism, amongst believers
- Death, Of Believers
- Death, Of Unbelievers
- Edification, Of Believers
- Example Of Believers
- Fellowship, Among Believers
- Friendship Among Believers
- Greed, Believers' Response To
- Holiness, Believers' Growth In
- Hope Regarding Believers
- Justice, In Believers' Lives
- Many In The Church
- Marriages, Believers With Unbelievers
- Martyrdom, Believers Attitude Towards
- Paths Of Believers
- Peace, Believers Experience Of
- Reconciliation, Between Believers
- Resurrection, Of Believers
- Riches, Believers Attitudes
- Righteousness, Of Believers
- Servanthood, In Life Of Believers
- Sharing Material Things
- Sin Confessed
- Spiritual Blindness, In Unbelievers
- Suffering, Of Believers
- Those Who Believed In Christ
- Unity Among Believers
- Watchfulness, Of Believers
- Welcoming Believers
- Divorce, amongst believers
- Enemies, of believers
- Evil, believers' responses to