'Boast' in the Bible
For our boast is this: the testimony of our conscience that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially toward you, with God-given sincerity and purity, not by fleshly wisdom but by God's grace.
just as you have already understood us partially, so that on the Day of our Lord Jesus we can be your reason to boast, even as you are ours.
For we do not again commend ourselves to you, but we are giving to you occasion of boast in our behalf, that ye may have such with those boasting in countenance, and not in heart.
I have great confidence in you: very loudly do I boast of you. I am filled with comfort: my heart overflows with joy amid all our affliction.
For if I have made any boast to him about you, I have not been embarrassed; but as I have spoken everything to you in truth, so our boasting to Titus has also turned out to be the truth.
Therefore, demonstrate to the churches that you love them and show them publicly why we boast about you.
For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many.
Now I have sent the brothers so that our boasting about you in this matter may not prove to be an idle boast, and so that you may stand ready, just as I said.
For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:
But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.
Nor do we boast beyond certain limits in the work done by others, but we hope that as your faith continues to grow, our work may be greatly expanded among you according to our limits,
To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you, and not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand.
So the one who boasts must boast in the Lord.
As the truth of Christ is in me, this my boast [of independence] shall not be debarred (silenced or checked) in the regions of Achaia (most of Greece).
and what I do, I also will do, that I may cut off the occasion of those wishing an occasion, that in that which they boast they may be found according as we also;
I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.
Since many boast from a human perspective, I will also boast.
I say this to [our] shame: we have been weak. But in whatever anyone dares [to boast]-I am talking foolishly-I also dare:
If boasting is necessary, I will boast about my weaknesses.
It is necessary to boast; it is not helpful, but I will move on to visions and revelations of the Lord.
I will boast about this person, but not about myself, except of my weaknesses.
For if I want to boast, I will not be a fool, because I will be telling the truth. But I will spare you, so that no one can credit me with something beyond what he sees in me or hears from me,
But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Boar (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Board (50 instances in 14 translations)
- Board-work (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Boarded (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Boarding (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Boards (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Boars (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Boasted (11 instances in 12 translations)
- Boaster (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Boasters (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Boastest (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Boasteth (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Boastful (22 instances in 11 translations)
- Boastfully (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Boasting (58 instances in 13 translations)
- Boastings (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Boasts (24 instances in 10 translations)
- Boat (55 instances in 14 translations)
- Boatmen (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Boats (13 instances in 13 translations)