'Earth' in the Bible
Now, O LORD God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
Huram said moreover, Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, that made heaven and earth, who hath given to David the king a wise son, endued with prudence and understanding, that might build an house for the LORD, and an house for his kingdom.
The king made them of liquid metal in the lowland of Jordan, in the soft earth between Succoth and Zeredah.
And said, O LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:
"LORD God of Israel, there is no one like you, God of heaven and earth, who watches over his covenant, showing gracious love to your servants who live their lives in your presence with all their hearts. It is you, LORD God, who has kept your promise to my father, your servant David, that you made to him. Indeed, you made a commitment to my father David and then personally fulfilled what you had promised today.
But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!
When there is famine on the earth, when there is pestilence, when there is blight, mildew, locust, or grasshopper, when their enemies besiege them in the region of their fortified cities, [when there is] any plague or illness,
Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by thy name.
And all the sons of Israel are looking on the descending of the fire, and the honour of Jehovah on the house, and they bow -- faces to the earth -- on the pavement, and do obeisance, and give thanks to Jehovah, for good, for to the age is His kindness.
When I hold back the heavens so that there is not rain, and when I command the locust to devour the earth, and if I send disease among my people,
And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom.
And all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom, that God had put in his heart.
And Solomon went to rest with his fathers, and was put into the earth in the town of David his father; and Rehoboam his son became king in his place.
And Rehoboam went to rest with his fathers, and was put into the earth in the town of David; and Abijah his son became king in his place.
So Abijah went to rest with his fathers, and they put him into the earth in the town of David, and Asa his son became king in his place; in his time the land was quiet for ten years.
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
And Jehoshaphat boweth -- face to the earth -- and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem have fallen before Jehovah, to bow themselves to Jehovah.
And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
And the fear of God came upon all the kingdoms of the earth when they heard that Yahweh had fought against the enemies of Israel.
And Jehoshaphat went to rest with his fathers, and his body was put into the earth in the town of David. And Jehoram his son became king in his place.
Jehoram was 32 years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem for eight years. He left this earth to nobody's regret and they buried him in the City of David, but not in the tombs of the kings.
And he went in search of Ahaziah; and when they came where he was, (for he was in a secret place in Samaria,) they took him to Jehu and put him to death; then they put his body to rest in the earth, for they said, He is the son of Jehoshaphat, whose heart was true to the Lord. So the family of Ahaziah had no power to keep the kingdom.
And when they had gone away from him, (for he was broken with disease,) his servants made a secret design against him because of the blood of the son of Jehoiada the priest, and they put him to death on his bed; and they put his body into the earth in the town of David, but not in the resting-place of the kings.
And they took his body on horseback and put it into the earth with his fathers in the town of David.
So Uzziah went to rest with his fathers; and they put his body into the earth in the field used for the resting-place of the kings, for they said, He is a leper: and Jotham his son became king in his place.
And Jotham went to rest with his fathers, and they put his body into the earth in the town of David; and Ahaz his son became king in his place.
And Ahaz went to rest with his fathers, and they put his body into the earth in Jerusalem; but they did not put him in the resting-place of the kings of Israel: and Hezekiah his son became king in his place.
And he wrote letters to treat Yahweh the God of Israel with contempt and spoke against him, saying, "As the gods of the nations of the earth who did not save their people from my hand, so likewise the God of Hezekiah will not save his people from my hand."
And they spake against the God of Jerusalem, as against the gods of the people of the earth, which were the work of the hands of man.
Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (125)
- Exodus (31)
- Leviticus (23)
- Numbers (17)
- Deuteronomy (51)
- Joshua (14)
- Judges (19)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (30)
- 2 Samuel (29)
- 1 Kings (38)
- 2 Kings (32)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (30)
- Ezra (6)
- Nehemiah (5)
- Esther (2)
- Job (84)
- Psalm (171)
- Proverbs (19)
- Ecclesiastes (44)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (138)
- Jeremiah (84)
- Lamentations (11)
- Ezekiel (58)
- Daniel (36)
- Hosea (9)
- Joel (10)
- Amos (17)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (3)
- Habakkuk (9)
- Zephaniah (8)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (19)
- Malachi (1)
- Ear (682 instances in 14 translations)
- Ear's (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Eared (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Earing (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earlier (74 instances in 10 translations)
- Earliest (35 instances in 7 translations)
- Earlobe (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Earlobes (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Early (180 instances in 14 translations)
- Earn (10 instances in 6 translations)
- Earned (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Earner (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Earners (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earnest (42 instances in 12 translations)
- Earnestly (214 instances in 13 translations)
- Earnestness (14 instances in 8 translations)
- Earneth (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Earning (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Earnings (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Earns (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Earring (8 instances in 11 translations)
- Earrings (15 instances in 12 translations)
- Ears (459 instances in 14 translations)
- Earshot (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Eart (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earth's (54 instances in 7 translations)
- Earth-jehovah (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthborn (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthen (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Earthenware (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Earthlies (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthly (62 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthly-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthquake (17 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthquakes (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthward (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthwork (8 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthworks (10 instances in 2 translations)
- Earthy (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Apostles, During Jesus Earthly Ministry
- Christ With People On Earth
- Christ's Earthly Family
- Clothing The Earth
- Covering The Earth
- Creation Of The Earth
- Earth On Fire
- Earth's Foundation
- Earth, Belonging To God
- Earth, Creation Of
- Earth, Description Of
- Earth, Destruction Of
- Earth, God Sustaining
- Earth, God's Glory
- Earth, Judgment Of
- Earth, Promises About
- Earthly Armies
- God Feeds All The Earth
- God Seeing All The Earth
- God Shaking The Earth
- Heaven And Earth
- Heaven Better Than Earth
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Supreme On The Earth
- Millennial Kingdom, Earth Filled With Knowledge Of God
- New Earth
- New Heavens And New Earth
- No Earthly Inheritance
- Storing Treasure On Earth
- The Earth Filled With God
- Violence In The Earth