'Faith' in the Bible
Your own wickedness shall chasten and correct you, and your backslidings and desertion of faith shall reprove you. Know therefore and recognize that this is an evil and bitter thing: [first,] you have forsaken the Lord your God; [second,] you are indifferent to Me and the fear of Me is not in you, says the Lord of hosts.
Truly, you will go out from him with your hands on your head: for the Lord has given up those in whom you have put your faith, and they will be of no help to you.
Surely as the woman breaks the faith of her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, said the LORD.
And you will take your oath, By the living Lord, in good faith and wisdom and righteousness; and the nations will make use of you as a blessing, and in you will they take a pride.
Go quickly through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and get knowledge, and make a search in her wide places if there is a man, if there is one in her who is upright, who keeps faith; and she will have my forgiveness.
O Lord, do not your eyes see good faith? you have given them punishment, but they were not troubled; you have sent destruction on them, but they did not take your teaching to heart: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they would not come back.
Therefore a lion out of the forest shall slay them, a wolf of the desert shall destroy them, a leopard or panther shall lie in wait against their cities. Everyone who goes out of them shall be torn in pieces, because their transgressions are many, their backslidings and total desertion of faith are increased and have become great and mighty.
They will take all the produce of your fields, which would have been food for your sons and your daughters: they will take your flocks and your herds: they will take all your vines and your fig-trees: and with the sword they will make waste your walled towns in which you put your faith.
Put no faith in false words, saying, The Temple of the Lord, the Temple of the Lord, the Temple of the Lord, are these.
See, you put your faith in false words which are of no profit.
For this reason I will do to the house which is named by my name, and in which you have put your faith, and to the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
Therefore thou shalt say unto them, This is the nation that did not hear the voice of the LORD their God, nor receive chastisement; the faith is lost and was cut off from their mouth.
Their tongues are bent like a bow to send out false words: they have become strong in the land, but not for good faith: they go on from evil to evil, and they have no knowledge of me, says the Lord.
Let everyone keep watch on his neighbour, and put no faith in any brother: for every brother will certainly be tricking his brother, and every neighbour will go about saying evil.
For even your brothers, your father's family, even they have been untrue to you, crying loudly after you: have no faith in them, though they say fair words to you.
This is your fate, the part measured out to you by me, says the Lord, because you have put me out of your memory and put your faith in what is false.
This is what the Lord has said: Cursed is the man who puts his faith in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart is turned away from the Lord.
A blessing is on the man who puts his faith in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
If a prophet has a dream, let him give out his dream; and he who has my word, let him give out my word in good faith. What has the dry stem to do with the grain? says the Lord.
Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, Give ear, now, Hananiah; the Lord has not sent you; but you are making this people put their faith in what is false.
Send to all those who have been taken away, saying, This is what the Lord has said about Shemaiah the Nehelamite: Because Shemaiah has been acting as a prophet to you, and I did not send him, and has made you put your faith in what is false;
And truly, I will take pleasure in doing them good, and all my heart and soul will be given to planting them in this land in good faith.
See, I will make it healthy and well again, I will even make them well; I will let them see peace and good faith in full measure.
For I will certainly let you go free, and you will not be put to the sword, but your life will be given to you out of the hands of your attackers: because you have put your faith in me, says the Lord.
And said to him, Has it come to your knowledge that Baalis, the king of the children of Ammon, has sent Ishmael, the son of Nethaniah, to take your life? But Gedaliah, the son of Ahikam, put no faith in what they said.
Then they said to Jeremiah, May the Lord be a true witness against us in good faith, if we do not do everything which the Lord your God sends you to say to us.
The Lord of armies, the God of Israel, has said: See, I will send punishment on Amon of No and on Pharaoh and on those who put their faith in him;
For because you have put your faith in your strong places, you, even you, will be taken: and Chemosh will go out as a prisoner, his priests and his rulers together.
Why are you lifted up in pride on account of your valleys, your flowing valley, O daughter ever turning away? who puts her faith in her wealth, saying, Who will come against me?
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (6)
- Exodus (6)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (3)
- Deuteronomy (9)
- Joshua (5)
- Judges (5)
- 1 Samuel (3)
- 2 Samuel (4)
- 1 Kings (4)
- 2 Kings (11)
- 1 Chronicles (1)
- 2 Chronicles (11)
- Ezra (2)
- Nehemiah (4)
- Job (7)
- Psalm (96)
- Proverbs (20)
- Isaiah (25)
- Jeremiah (30)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (4)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (4)
- Micah (2)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Zechariah (5)
- Matthew (24)
- Mark (22)
- Luke (22)
- John (61)
- Acts (58)
- Romans (59)
- 1 Corinthians (23)
- 2 Corinthians (14)
- Galatians (24)
- Ephesians (11)
- Philippians (8)
- Colossians (7)
- 1 Thessalonians (14)
- 2 Thessalonians (11)
- 1 Timothy (32)
- 2 Timothy (12)
- Titus (10)
- Philemon (4)
- Hebrews (47)
- James (16)
- 1 Peter (10)
- 2 Peter (5)
- 1 John (9)
- 3 John (3)
- Jude (3)
- Revelation (5)
- Fail (178 instances in 13 translations)
- Failed (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Faileth (22 instances in 3 translations)
- Failing (25 instances in 13 translations)
- Failings (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Fails (48 instances in 10 translations)
- Failure (12 instances in 8 translations)
- Failures (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Fain (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Faint (88 instances in 13 translations)
- Faint-hearted (10 instances in 13 translations)
- Fainted (14 instances in 11 translations)
- Faintest (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Fainteth (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Fainting (14 instances in 12 translations)
- Faintness (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Faints (10 instances in 6 translations)
- Fair (183 instances in 14 translations)
- Fair-minded (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fairer (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Fairest (4 instances in 8 translations)
- Fairly (31 instances in 8 translations)
- Fairness (25 instances in 6 translations)
- Fairs (7 instances in 2 translations)
- Faith-cleansed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faith-righteousness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Faithful (347 instances in 13 translations)
- Faithfully (57 instances in 13 translations)
- Faithfulness (151 instances in 13 translations)
- Faithless (41 instances in 13 translations)
- Faithlessly (10 instances in 3 translations)
- Faithlessness (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Acknowledge, Faith In Christ
- Assurance in the life of faith
- Assurance, By Faith In Christ
- Attitudes Of Faith
- Beneficial Afflictions For Faith
- Benefits Of Faith In Christ
- Children In The Faith
- Deficient Faith
- Encouraging Faith In Christ
- Examples Of Faith
- Exploits Of Faith
- Faith Moving Mountains
- Faith That Works
- Faith, And Blessings Of God
- Faith, As A Body Of Beliefs
- Faith, As Basis Of Salvation
- Faith, Growth In
- Faith, Nature Of
- Faith, Necessity Of
- Faith, Object Of
- Faith, Origins Of
- Faith, Testing Of
- Faithful In Little
- Faithful In Much
- Faithful Sayings
- Faithful, Choose To Remain
- Faithfulness, Examples Of
- Faithfulness, In Human Relationships
- Faithfulness, To God
- Faithlessness, As Disobedience
- False Confidence
- False Gods
- Fight Of Faith
- Foreigners Saved By Faith
- God, Faithfulness Of
- How Faith Comes
- Justification By Faith
- Lack Of Faith
- Life Through Faith
- Life, Of Faith
- Maintaining Faith
- Not Believing People
- Prayer, And Faith
- Reasons For Faith In Christ
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Saved By Faith
- Saving Faith
- Strong Faith In Christ
- The Effects Of Faith
- The Faith
- Those Who Had Faith
- Trust, Lack Of
- Trusting Deceptive Things
- Unbelief, And Life Of Faith
- Unfaithful Ministers
- Unfaithfulness, To God
- Unfaithfulness, To People
- Unseen Faith
- Works Of Faith