'What Do You See' in the Bible
And a man found him, and behold, he was wandering about in a field. And the man asked him, "What do you seek?"
The king said to her, Be not afraid; what do you see? The woman said to Saul, I see a god [terrifying superhuman being] coming up out of the earth!
Moreover, the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Jeremiah, what do you see? And I said, I see a branch or shoot of an almond tree [the emblem of alertness and activity, blossoming in late winter].
And the word of the Lord came to me the second time, saying, What do you see? And I said, I see a boiling pot, and the face of it is [tipped away] from the north [its mouth about to pour forth on the south, on Judea].
Then the Lord said to me, What do you see, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs -- "the good figs very good, and the bad very bad, so bad that they cannot be eaten.
And the Lord said to me, Amos, what do you see? And I said, A plumb line. Then said the Lord, Behold, I am setting a plumb line as a standard in the midst of My people Israel. I will not pass by and spare them any more [the door of mercy is shut].
And He said, Amos, what do you see? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the Lord to me, The end has come upon My people Israel; I will not pass by and spare them any more.
And said to me, What do you see? I said, I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold, with its bowl [for oil] on the top of it and its seven lamps on it, and [there are] seven pipes to each of the seven lamps which are upon the top of it.
And the angel said to me, What do you see? And I answered, I see a flying scroll; its length is twenty cubits or thirty feet and its breadth is ten cubits or fifteen feet.
And Jesus, turning around and seeing them following [him], said to them, "What do you seek?" And they said to him, "Rabbi" (which means [when] translated "Teacher"), "where are you staying?"
What do you seek? They said to him: Rabbi, (which, when translated, is called Teacher,) where abidest thou?
And at this [point] his disciples came, and they were astonished that he was speaking with a woman. However, no one said, "What do you seek?" or "Why are you speaking with her?"
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- According to What He Has Done (6 instances in 13 translations)
- By What Authority (10 instances in 36 translations)
- Choose What Is Right (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Cling to What is Good (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Do What is Right in the Eyes of the Lord (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Does What Is Right (23 instances in 16 translations)
- Doing What Is Right In The Sight Of The Lord (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Every Eye Will See Him (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Hold Fast To What Is Good (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Lover of What is Good (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Reaping What I Did Not Sow (1 instance in 17 translations)
- Sell What You Have (3 instances in 10 translations)
- Taste and See (1 instance in 19 translations)
- This Is What The Lord Says (183 instances in 5 translations)
- What Does the Lord Require (1 instance in 4 translations)
- What God Has Joined Together (2 instances in 12 translations)
- What Has Been Sacrificed To Idols (2 instances in 3 translations)
- What is Good (117 instances in 37 translations)
- What is Man (9 instances in 38 translations)
- What Is Seen (5 instances in 15 translations)
- What Is Written (28 instances in 35 translations)
- What Shall We Do (20 instances in 33 translations)
- What The Promise Said (1 instance in 3 translations)
- What Was Right in His Own Eyes (2 instances in 5 translations)
- What Will It Profit A Man (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Advice, Seeking Advice
- Attention Seekers
- Being Seen By Man
- Christ Seeing
- Christ, The Seed Of
- Crowds Seeking
- God Not Seeing
- God Seeing All People
- God Seeing All The Earth
- God Seeing The Righteous
- God Seeing The Wicked
- God Seeing Their Affliction
- Idols Not Seeing
- Looking And Seeing
- Many Seeking Salvation
- Mustard Seed
- Not Reaping What You Sow
- Not Seeing Christ
- Not Seeing God
- Not Seeing People
- Not Seeing Spiritual Things
- Not Seeking God
- Not Seeking People
- Noting What Animals Eat
- Pleasure Seekers
- Seeing Angels
- Seeing At A Distance
- Seeing God
- Seeing People
- Seeing Situations
- Seeing The Risen Christ
- Seek Peace
- Seeking A Sign
- Seeking But Not Finding People
- Seeking Christ
- Seeking Food
- Seeking For Abstract Things
- Seeking For Concrete Things
- Seeking God
- Seeking God's Strength
- Seeking Honour
- Seeking Life
- Seeking Signs
- Seeking The Welfare
- Seeking Things Above
- Seeking Water
- Telling What People Did
- Telling What People Said
- What Christian Should Do Always
- What Do They Do?
- What Do You Do?
- What Does God Do?
- What Else God Created
- What Foreigners Are Like
- What Foreigners Do
- What God Does
- What God Gives
- What God's Will Is
- What Have We In Common?
- What Heaven Will Be Like
- What Is God's Name?
- What Is Not God
- What Is The Matter?
- What Is This?
- What Kind?
- What Manner?
- What Sin?
- What Value Is Man?
- 24 more topics on What
- 24 more topics on You