'Pastor' in the Bible
And she again bore his brother Abel. And Abel was a pastor of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
And while he yet spoke with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep, for she was the pastor.
Then ye shall say, Thy slaves' trade has been about livestock from our youth even until now, both we and also our fathers, that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every pastor of sheep is an abomination unto the Egyptians.
And David replied unto Saul, Thy slave was the pastor of his father's sheep, and if a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock,
And Mesha, king of Moab, was a pastor and rendered unto the king of Israel one hundred thousand lambs and one hundred thousand rams, with the wool.
As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee.
as I live, said the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became food to every beast of the field, without a pastor, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed my flock;
But Jacob fled into the land of Aram, and Israel served for his wife, and for his wife he was a pastor.
Thus hath the LORD said: As the pastor takes out of the mouth of the lion two legs or a piece of an ear, so shall the sons of Israel escape that dwell in Samaria in the corner of the bed and at the border of the couch.
Woe to the useless pastor that leaves the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm and upon his right eye; his arm shall be completely dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.
Awake, O sword, upon the pastor and upon the man that is my fellow, said the LORD of the hosts; smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered; and I will turn my hand upon the little ones.
The Word is faithful, If anyone desires the office of a bishop, , he desires a difficult ministry.
Conduct yourselves properly (honorably, righteously) among the Gentiles, so that, although they may slander you as evildoers, [yet] they may by witnessing your good deeds [come to] glorify God in the day of inspection [ when God shall look upon you wanderers as a pastor or shepherd looks over his flock].
- Past (279 instances in 14 translations)
- Paste (13 instances in 1 translation)
- Pasting (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pastor's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pastored (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pastors (28 instances in 10 translations)
- Pastry (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pasturage (8 instances in 2 translations)
- Pasture (120 instances in 13 translations)
- Pasture-fed (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Pasture-grounds (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Pastured (5 instances in 6 translations)
- Pastureland (14 instances in 4 translations)
- Pasturelands (67 instances in 6 translations)
- Pastures (37 instances in 12 translations)
- Pasturing (12 instances in 6 translations)