'Dust on Their Heads' in the Bible
Then Joshua rent his clothes and lay on the earth upon his face before the ark of the Lord until evening, he and the elders of Israel; and they put dust on their heads.
On the twenty-fourth day of this month the Israelites assembled; they were fasting, [wearing] sackcloth, [and had put] dust on their heads.
and they lift up their eyes from afar and have not discerned him, and they lift up their voice and weep, and rend each his robe, and sprinkle dust on their heads -- heavenward.
The elders of the Daughter of Zion sit on the ground keeping silent; they have cast dust on their heads, they have girded themselves with sackcloth. The maidens of Jerusalem have bowed their heads to the ground [says Jeremiah].
And are heard wailing loudly over you, and they cry bitterly. They cast up dust on their heads; they wallow in ashes,
Unhappy are you, Chorazin! Unhappy are you, Beth-saida! For if the works of power which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have been turned from their sins in days gone by, clothing themselves in haircloth and putting dust on their heads.
And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Return to Dust (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Blood Be Upon Your Own Heads (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Bowed Their Heads (7 instances in 13 translations)
- Covered Their Heads (6 instances in 11 translations)
- Dust and Ashes (5 instances in 20 translations)
- Dust from Your Feet (4 instances in 34 translations)
- Dust of the Earth (16 instances in 25 translations)
- Dust of the Ground (7 instances in 19 translations)
- Dust on His Head (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Heads Of Families (45 instances in 6 translations)
- Heads of the Fathers (44 instances in 15 translations)
- Heads Of The Levite Families (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Heads of the Tribes (11 instances in 19 translations)
- Lick the Dust (3 instances in 20 translations)
- Lift Up Your Heads (3 instances in 31 translations)
- Return to Dust (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Shake Off the Dust (4 instances in 28 translations)
- To Dust You Shall Return (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Turn Again Unto Dust (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Bare Heads
- Bowing Heads Before God
- Covering Heads
- Creatures From Dust
- Creatures Returning To Dust
- Dust On The Head
- Dust, Figurative Use
- Dust, Literal Use
- Hands On Heads
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- Heads Of The Family
- Husbands Headship, Basis Of
- Lifting Heads
- Numerous As Dust
- Removing Heads
- Wiping Dust
- Sackcloth And Ashes