5 occurrences in 5 dictionaries
1. The ancestor of certain Temple porters who returned with Zerubbabel, Ezr 2:15,42; Ne 7:21,45; cf. Atar. 2. (AV Aterezias), 1Es 5:15; cf. Ezr 2:16. His sons returned with Zerubbabel.
1. Ancestor of some of those who returned from exile and dwelt in Jerusalem. Ezr 2:16; Ne 7:21.
2. Apparently head of one of the families of porters to the temple. Ezr 2:42; Ne 7:45.
3. A chief of the people who sealed the covenant. Ne 10:17.
1. The children of Ater were among the porters or gate-keepers of the temple who returned with Zerubbabel.
Ezr 2:42; Ne 7:45
2. The children of ATER OF HEZEKIAH to the number of 98 returned with Zerubbabel,
Ezr 2:16; Ne 7:21
and were among the heads of the people who signed the covenant with Nehemiah.