God's living one. (1.) The father of Gibeon (1Ch 9:35).
(2.) One of David's guard (1Ch 11:44).
(4.) A Hachmonite, a tutor in the family of David toward the close of his reign (1Ch 27:32).
(5.) The second of Jehoshaphat's six sons (2Ch 21:2).
(6.) One of the Levites of the family of Heman who assisted Hezekiah in his work of reformation (2Ch 29:14).
(7.) A "prince" and "ruler of the house of God" who contributed liberally to the renewal of the temple sacrifices under Josiah (2Ch 35:8).
(8.) The father of Obadiah (Ezr 8:9).
(9.) One of the "sons" of Elam (Ezr 10:26).
(10.) Ezr 10:21.
1. One of David's chief musicians (1Ch 15:18,20; 16:5). 2. A chief of the Levites (1Ch 23:8; 29:8). 3. One who was 'with (= tutor of?) the king's sons' (1Ch 27:32). 4. One of Jehoshaphat's sons (2Ch 21:2). 5. One of Hezekiah's 'overseers' (2Ch 31:13). 6. A ruler of the house of God in Josiah's reign (2Ch 35:8). 7. The father of Obadiah, a returned exile (Ezr 8:9); called in 1Es 8:35 Jezelus. 8. Father of Shecaniah (Ezr 10:2); called in 1Es 8:92 Jeelus, perhaps identical with 9. One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezr 10:26); called in 1Es 9:27 Jezrielus. 10. A priest of the sons of Harim who had married a foreign wife (Ezr 10:21); called in 1Es 9:21 Hiereel.
3. Son of Hachmoni, and a companion of David's sons. 1Ch 27:32.
4. Son of Jehoshaphat, slain by Jehoram. 2Ch 21:2.
5. Son of Heman, a Levite. 2Ch 29:14.
6. Levite, set over the dedicated things. 2Ch 31:13.
7. A 'ruler of the house of God.' 2Ch 35:8.
8. Ancestor of some who returned from exile. Ezr 8:9.
9. Father of Shechaniah, who supported Ezra in the matter of the strange wives. Ezr 10:2.
12. Father of Gibeon, ancestor of Saul. 1Ch 9:35.
13. Son of Hothan and one of David's valiant men. 1Ch 11:44.
In Nos. 12 and 13 the Hebrew is different from the others.
1. One of the Levites appointed by David to assist in the service of the house of God.
2. One of the sons of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, put to death by his brother Jehoram.
3. One of the rulers of the house of God at the time of the reforms of Josiah.
4. A Gershonite Levite,
who had charge of the treasures. ch.
5. A son of Hachmoni named in the list of David's officers,
as "with the king's sons," whatever that may mean.
6. A Levite who took part in the restorations of King Hezekiah.
7. Another Levite at the same period.
8. Father of Obadiah, of the Bene-Joab.
(B.C. before 459.)
9. One of the Bene-Elam, father of Shechaniah.
10. A member of the same family, who himself had to part with his wife.
11. A priest, one of the Bene-Harim, who also had to put away his foreign wife.