Parts of Speech
Root Word (Etymology)
a prolonged form of a primary transliterated: stao
TWOT Reference: Pronounced: stah'-o (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses)
KJV Translation Count — 158x
Outline of Biblical Usage
1. to cause or make to stand, to place, put, set
a. to bid to stand by, [set up]
1. in the presence of others, in the midst, before judges, before members of the Sanhedrin;
2. to place
b. to make firm, fix establish
1. to cause a person or a thing to keep his or its place
2. to stand, be kept intact (of family, a kingdom), to escape in safety
3. to establish a thing, cause it to stand
a. to uphold or sustain the authority or force of anything
c. to set or place in a balance
1. to weigh: money to one (because in very early times before the introduction of coinage, the metals used to be weighed)
2. to stand
a. to stand by or near
1. to stop, stand still, to stand immovable, stand firm
a. of the foundation of a building
b. to stand
1. continue safe and sound, stand unharmed, to stand ready or prepared
2. to be of a steadfast mind
3. of quality, one who does not hesitate, does not waiver
his'-tay-mee; a prolonged form of a primary στάω, stah'-o (of the same meaning, and used for it in certain tenses); to stand (transitive or intransitive), used in various applications (literal or figurative): — abide, appoint, bring, continue, covenant, establish, hold up, lay, present, set (up), stanch, stand (by, forth, still, up). Compare (5087) (τίθημι).
Concordance Results Using KJV
When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and G2476teth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray G2476ing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not G2476:
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom G2476?
While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren G2476 without, desiring to speak with thee.
And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
Verily I say unto you, There be some G2476ing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and G2476 him in the midst of them,