Parts of Speech
n pr m
Root Word (Etymology)
KJV Translation Count — 12x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Hanan (12)
Outline of Biblical Usage
anan or Hanan = "he is merciful"
1. one of the chief people of the tribe of Benjamin
2. last of the 6 sons of Azel, a descendant of Saul
3. son of Maachah, one of David's mighty warriors
4. father of some sons who returned from exile with Zerubbabel
5. one of the Levites who assisted Ezra in his public exposition of the law
6. one of the heads of the people who also sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
7. another of the chief laymen who also sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
8. son of Zaccur, grandson of Mattaniah whom Nehemiah made one of the storekeepers of the provisions collected as tithes. Same as 5 ?
9. son of Igdaliah
Chanan, khaw-nawn'; from 2603; favor; Chanan, the name of seven Israelites: — Canan.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And Abdon, and Zichri, and H2605,
And Azel had six sons, whose names are these, Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and Obadiah, and H2605. All these were the sons of Azel.
And Azel had six sons, whose names are these, Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and Obadiah, and H2605: these were the sons of Azel.
H2605 the son of Maachah, and Joshaphat the Mithnite,
The children of Hagab, the children of Shalmai, the children of H2605,
The children of H2605, the children of Giddel, the children of Gahar,
Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, H2605, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
And their brethren, Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, H2605,
Pelatiah, H2605, Anaiah,
And Ahijah, H2605, Anan,