Chananyah; khan-an-yaw' or Chananyahuw
Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 29x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Hananiah (29)
Outline of Biblical Usage
ananiah = "God has favoured"
1. the godly friend of Daniel whom Nebuchadnezzar renamed Shadrach; one of the three friends who with Daniel refused to make themselves unclean by eating food from the king's table which went against the dietary laws which God had given the Jews; also one of the three who were thrown into the fiery furnace for refusing to bow down to a graven image of Nebuchadnezzar and who were saved by the angel of the Lord. See also, 'Shadrach' (7714 or 7715)
2. one of the 14 sons of Heman and chief of the 16th course
3. a general in the army of King Uzziah
4. father of Zedekiah in the time of Jehoiakim
5. son of Azur, a Benjamite of Gibeon and a false prophet in the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah
6. grandfather of Irijah, the captain of the ward at the gate of Benjamin who arrested Jeremiah on the charge of deserting to the Chaldeans
7. a head of a Benjamite house
8. son of Zerubbabel from whom Christ derived His descent also called 'Joanna' by Luke
9. one of the sons of Bebai who returned with Ezra from Babylon
10. a priest, one of the makers of the sacred ointments and incense, who built a portion of the wall of Jerusalem in the days of Nehemiah
11. head of the priestly course of Jeremiah in the days of Joiakim
12. ruler of the palace at Jerusalem under Nehemiah and also, along with Hanani, the Tirshatha's brother, entrusted with the arrangements of guarding the gates of Jerusalem
13. Two post exilic Israelites
Chananyah, khan-an-yaw'; or Chananyahuw, khan-an-yaw'-hoo; from 2603 and 3050; Jah has favored; Chananjah, the name of thirteen Israelites: — Hananiah.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And the sons of Pedaiah were, Zerubbabel, and Shimei: and the sons of Zerubbabel; Meshullam, and H2608, and Shelomith their sister:
And the sons of H2608; Pelatiah, and Jesaiah: the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, the sons of Shechaniah.
And H2608, and Elam, and Antothijah,
Of Heman: the sons of Heman; Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel, Shebuel, and Jerimoth, H2608, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti, and Romamtiezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, and Mahazioth:
The sixteenth to H2608, he, his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
Moreover Uzziah had an host of fighting men, that went out to war by bands, according to the number of their account by the hand of Jeiel the scribe and Maaseiah the ruler, under the hand of H2608, one of the king's captains.
Of the sons also of Bebai; Jehohanan, H2608, Zabbai, and Athlai.
Next unto him repaired Uzziel the son of Harhaiah, of the goldsmiths. Next unto him also repaired H2608 the son of one of the apothecaries, and they fortified Jerusalem unto the broad wall.
After him repaired H2608 the son of Shelemiah, and Hanun the sixth son of Zalaph, another piece. After him repaired Meshullam the son of Berechiah over against his chamber.
That I gave my brother Hanani, and H2608 the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many.