Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 82x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Jonathan (79), Jehonathan (3)
Outline of Biblical Usage
onathan or Jehonathan = "Jehovah has given"
1. a son of king Saul and a friend of David
2. a son of the high priest Abiathar and the last descendant of Eli of whom we hear
3. a nephew of David who like David slew a giant of Gath
4. an uncle of David
5. one of David's mighty warriors
6. one of David's treasurers
7. a scribe in the time of Jeremiah
8. a Levite and father of Zechariah, a priest who blew the trumpet at the dedication of the wall
9. a son or descendant of Gershom, the son of Moses, and a priest to the tribe of Dan
10. a son of Kareah and a brother of Johanan; a Judaite captain after the fall of Jerusalem
11. another Judaite father of Peleth
12. father of Ebed in the time of Ezra
13. son of Asahel in the time of Ezra
14. a priest of the family of Melicu in the time of Nehemiah
15. son of Joiada and his successor to the high priesthood in the time of Nehemiah
Yhownathan, yeh-ho-naw-thawn'; from 3068 and 5414; Jehovah-given; Jehonathan, the name of four Israelites: — Jonathan. Compare 3129.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and H3083, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land.
And H3083 said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the LORD will work for us: for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few.
Then said H3083, Behold, we will pass over unto these men, and we will discover ourselves unto them.
And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of H3083 was knit with the soul of David, and H3083 loved him as his own soul.
Then H3083 and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
And H3083 stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
But H3083 Saul's son delighted much in David: and H3083 told David, saying, Saul my father seeketh to kill thee: now therefore, I pray thee, take heed to thyself until the morning, and abide in a secret place, and hide thyself:
And H3083 spake good of David unto Saul his father, and said unto him, Let not the king sin against his servant, against David; because he hath not sinned against thee, and because his works have been to theeward very good:
And Saul hearkened unto the voice of H3083: and Saul sware, As the LORD liveth, he shall not be slain.
And H3083 called David, and H3083 shewed him all those things. And H3083 brought David to Saul, and he was in his presence, as in times past.