Parts of Speech
n pr m
Root Word (Etymology)
an abbrev. of 4320
KJV Translation Count — 31x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Micah (26), Michah (4), Micaiah (1)
Outline of Biblical Usage
icah or Micaiah or Michah = "who is like God"
1. the 6th in order of the minor prophets; a native of Moresheth, he prophesied during the reigns of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah of Judah, and was contemporary with the prophets Hosea, Amos, and Isaiah
2. an Ephraimite during the period of the judges
3. a descendant of Joel the Reubenite
4. son of Meribbaal and grandson of Jonathan
5. a Kohathite Levite, the eldest son of Uzziel the brother of Amram
6. father of Abdon, a man of high station in the reign of Josiah
7. son of Imlah and a prophet of Samaria who predicted the defeat and death of king Ahab of Israel
Miykah, mee-kaw'; an abbrev. of 4320; Micah, the name of seven Israelites: — Micah, Micaiah, Michah.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And the man H4318 had an house of gods, and made an ephod, and teraphim, and consecrated one of his sons, who became his priest.
And the man departed out of the city from Bethlehemjudah to sojourn where he could find a place: and he came to mount Ephraim to the house of H4318, as he journeyed.
And H4318 said unto him, Whence comest thou? And he said unto him, I am a Levite of Bethlehemjudah, and I go to sojourn where I may find a place.
And H4318 said unto him, Dwell with me, and be unto me a father and a priest, and I will give thee ten shekels of silver by the year, and a suit of apparel, and thy victuals. So the Levite went in.
And H4318 consecrated the Levite; and the young man became his priest, and was in the house of H4318.
Then said H4318, Now know I that the LORD will do me good, seeing I have a Levite to my priest.
And the children of Dan sent of their family five men from their coasts, men of valour, from Zorah, and from Eshtaol, to spy out the land, and to search it; and they said unto them, Go, search the land: who when they came to mount Ephraim, to the house of H4318, they lodged there.
When they were by the house of H4318, they knew the voice of the young man the Levite: and they turned in thither, and said unto him, Who brought thee hither? and what makest thou in this place? and what hast thou here?
And he said unto them, Thus and thus dealeth H4318 with me, and hath hired me, and I am his priest.
And they passed thence unto mount Ephraim, and came unto the house of H4318.