Eylam; ay-lawm' or Owlam (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36)
Parts of Speech
KJV Translation Count — 28x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Elam (28)
Outline of Biblical Usage
lam = "eternity"
n pr m
1. a Korhite Levite in the time of David
2. a chief man of the tribe of Benjamin
3. ancestor of a family of exiles who returned with Zerubbabel
4. a chief of the people who signed the covenant with Nehemiah
5. another ancestor of another family of exiles who returned with Zerubbabel
6. a priest who assisted at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah
7. another head of a family of returning exiles
n pr loc
8. a province east of Babylon and northeast of the lower Tigris
`Eylam, ay-lawm'; or Owlam, (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36) o-lawm'; probably from 5956; hidden, i.e. distant; Elam, a son of Shem and his descendants, with their country; also of six Israelites: — Elam.
Concordance Results Using KJV
The children of Shem; H5867, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of H5867, and Tidal king of nations;
With Chedorlaomer the king of H5867, and with Tidal king of nations, and Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar; four kings with five.
The sons of Shem; H5867, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.
And Hananiah, and H5867, and Antothijah,
H5867 the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Elioenai the seventh.
The children of H5867, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
The children of the other H5867, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
And of the sons of H5867; Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah, and with him seventy males.
And Shechaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of H5867, answered and said unto Ezra, We have trespassed against our God, and have taken strange wives of the people of the land: yet now there is hope in Israel concerning this thing.