'Perfecting' in the Bible
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
For we rejoice when we may be weak and ye may be powerful. But this also we pray for, your perfecting.
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.
Seeing that that first [outer portion of the] tabernacle was a parable (a visible symbol or type or picture of the present age). In it gifts and sacrifices are offered, and yet are incapable of perfecting the conscience or of cleansing and renewing the inner man of the worshiper.
- Imperfect (8 instances in 3 translations)
- Imperfection (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Imperfectly (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Perfect (232 instances in 13 translations)
- Perfected (28 instances in 13 translations)
- Perfecter (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Perfecteth (1 instance in 1 translation)