'Rough' in the Bible
The man who is the ruler of the country was rough with us and put us in prison, saying that we had come with a secret evil purpose.
Of the first of your rough meal you are to give a cake for a lifted offering, lifting it up before the Lord as the offering of the grain-floor is lifted up.
From generation to generation you are to give to the Lord a lifted offering from the first of your rough meal.
And the elders of that city shall bring down the heifer unto a rough valley, which is neither eared nor sown, and shall strike off the heifer's neck there in the valley:
Then David said to Jonathan, Who will give me word if your father gives you a rough answer?
The man's name was Nabal and his wife's name was Abigail; she was a woman of good understanding, and beautiful. But the man was rough and evil in his doings; he was a Calebite.
But one of the young men said to Nabal's wife Abigail, David sent men from the waste land to say kind words to our master, and he gave them a rough answer.
And the king gave them a rough answer, giving no attention to the suggestion of the old men;
And you are to put every walled town to destruction, cutting down every good tree, and stopping up every water-spring, and making all the good land rough with stones.
And the king gave them a rough answer. So King Rehoboam gave no attention to the suggestion of the old men,
And that we would take the first of our rough meal, and our lifted offerings, and the fruit of every sort of tree, and wine and oil, to the priests, to the rooms of the house of our God; and the tenth of the produce of our land to the Levites; for they, the Levites, take a tenth in all the towns of our ploughed land.
My skin is covered with worms and clods of dirt; my skin becomes rough and then breaks out afresh.
The poor man makes requests for grace, but the man of wealth gives a rough answer.
In measure, when it shooteth forth, thou wilt debate with it: he stayeth his rough wind in the day of the east wind.
Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
I will lead the blind by a way they did not know; I will guide them on paths they have not known. I will turn darkness to light in front of them, and rough places into level ground. This is what I will do for them, and I will not forsake them.
"I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars.
Set ye up a standard in the land, blow the trumpet among the nations, prepare the nations against her, call together against her the kingdoms of Ararat, Minni, and Ashchenaz; appoint a captain against her; cause the horses to come up as the rough caterpillers.
And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:
and in the morning, 'It will be rough weather to-day, for the sky is red and murky.' You learn how to distinguish the aspect of the heavens, but the signs of the times you cannot.
Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
A strong wind was blowing, and the sea was getting rough.
and fearing lest on rough places we may fall, out of the stern having cast four anchors, they were wishing day to come.
But though I am rough in my way of talking, I am not so in knowledge, as we have made clear to all by our acts among you.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Breakthrough (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Brought (1695 instances in 13 translations)
- Broughtest (16 instances in 3 translations)
- Drinking-trough (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Drought (26 instances in 12 translations)
- Droughts (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Inwrought (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Kneading-trough (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Kneading-troughs (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Pierced-through (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Rougher (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Roughly (9 instances in 10 translations)
- Thorough (10 instances in 7 translations)
- Thoroughfare (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Thoroughfares (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Thoroughly (114 instances in 13 translations)
- Throughly (11 instances in 1 translation)
- Throughout (550 instances in 13 translations)
- Trough (12 instances in 11 translations)
- Troughs (6 instances in 12 translations)
- Watering-troughs (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Wrought (183 instances in 11 translations)
- Wroughtest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Bearded (2 instances)
- Boisterous (7 instances)
- Bully (2 instances)
- Bushy (1 instance)
- Craggy (1 instance)
- Crisp (1 instance)
- Fierce (120 instances)
- Grating (11 instances)
- Gravel (3 instances)
- Hairy (8 instances)
- Jolting (1 instance)
- A Way Through The Red Sea
- Access To God, Through Christ
- Adoption Through Christ
- Blessed Through God
- Blessing Through God's People
- Deception Through False Teachers
- Existence Through God
- Forgiveness Through Repentance
- Freedom, Through Jesus Christ
- Gain Through Loss
- God Led Them Through The Wilderness
- Healing Through Disciples
- Life Through Christ
- Life Through Faith
- Life Through Keeping The Law
- Life Through Repentance
- Looking Through Windows
- Overcoming Through Christ
- Passing Through
- Peace Made Through Christ
- Plenty Through Christ
- Plenty Through God
- Power Through God
- Power Through The Spirit
- Proving, Through Testing
- Revelation Through Prophets
- Revelation, Through Creation
- Shame Of Bad Conduct
- Success Through God
- The Law Given Through Moses
- Walking Through Water
- Drought, physical
- Drought, spiritual