'Thundering' in the Bible
All the people were seeing the thundering and the lightning, and heard the sound of the horn, and saw the mountain smoking -- and when the people saw it they trembled with fear and kept their distance.
Let the sea be thundering with all its waters; let the field be glad, and everything which is in it;
"Furthermore, can anyone understand cloud patterns, or the thundering in his pavilion?
His thundering declareth concerning him; the cattle even, concerning its coming.
Listen carefully to his thundering voice; to the sound that rumbles from his mouth.
After it a voice is sounding, thundering out the word of his power; he does not keep back his thunder-flames; from his mouth his voice is sounding.
Let the heavens have joy and the earth be glad; let the sea be thundering with all its waters;
The young lions go thundering after their food; searching for their meat from God.
Ah! the voice of peoples, like the loud sounding of the seas, and the thundering of great nations rushing on like the bursting out of waters!
For I am the Lord your God, who makes the sea calm when its waves are thundering: the Lord of armies is his name.
For the Lord is making Babylon waste, and putting an end to the great voice coming out of her; and her waves are thundering like great waters, their voice is sounding loud:
So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a [thundering] noise and behold, a shaking and trembling and a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
And the Lord is thundering before his forces; for very great is his army; for he is strong who gives effect to his word: for the day of the Lord is great and greatly to be feared, and who has strength against it?
And the Lord will be thundering from Zion, and his voice will be sounding from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth will be shaking: but the Lord will be a breastplate for his people and a strong place for the children of Israel.
The noise of the whip, and the noise of thundering wheels; horses rushing and war-carriages jumping,
- Thunder (70 instances in 14 translations)
- Thunder's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Thunderbolt (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Thunderbolts (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Thunderclaps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Thundercloud (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Thunderclouds (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Thundered (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Thundereth (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Thunderings (9 instances in 9 translations)
- Thunderous (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Thunders (26 instances in 13 translations)
- Thunderstorm (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Thunderstorms (2 instances in 3 translations)