'Better Covenant' in the Bible
And as he was not [constituted] without swearing,??21 for they were made priests without swearing, but he with swearing by him who says to him, The Lord swore, and he will not change, You are a priest forever;??22 by so much is Jesus the pledge of a better covenant.
by so much also hath Jesus become the surety of a better covenant.
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
For [the ceremonies] deal only with clean and unclean meats and drinks and different washings, [mere] external rules and regulations for the body imposed to tide the worshipers over until the time of setting things straight [of reformation, of the complete new order when Christ, the Messiah, shall establish the reality of what these things foreshadow -- "a better covenant].
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abraham, God's Covenant With
- Abrahamic Covenant
- Ark Of The Covenant
- Ark Of The Covenant, Construction
- Ark Of The Covenant, Contents
- Ark Of The Covenant, Description
- Ark Of The Covenant, Events
- Ark Of The Covenant, Function
- Ark Of The Covenant, Names For
- Ark Of The Covenant, Purpose
- Blood Of The Covenant
- Book of the Covenant
- Breaking The Covenant
- Covenant breakers
- Covenant Made At Sinai
- Covenant Obligations
- Covenant Relationships
- Covenant, God's with David
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Covenant, God's with Noah
- Covenant, the new
- Davidic Covenant
- God Keeps Covenant
- God Remembering His Covenant
- God's Covenant Is Everlasting
- God's Covenant With Phinehas