'Deserted Place' in the Bible
The goat will take all their sins away to a deserted place. The man must release the goat in the desert.
For your wastes and your deserted places, and your land of ruins, shall even now be too narrow to dwell there, and they who swallowed you up shall be far away.
We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes. We stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in deserted places like dead men.
Now when Jesus heard this, he withdrew from there in a boat, to a deserted place apart. When the multitudes heard it, they followed him on foot from the cities.
When evening had come, the disciples went to him and said, "This is a deserted place, and it's already late. Send the crowds away so that they can go into the villages and buy food for themselves."
The disciples said to him, "Where should we get so many loaves in a deserted place as to satisfy so great a multitude?"
And in the morning, long before daylight, He got up and went out to a deserted place, and there He prayed.
But he went out [and] began to proclaim [it] freely and to spread abroad the account, so that he was no longer able to enter publicly into a town. But he was staying outside in deserted places, and they were coming to him from all directions.
And He said to them, [ As for you] come away by yourselves to a deserted place, and rest a while -- "for many were [continually] coming and going, and they had not even leisure enough to eat.
They went away in the boat to a deserted place by themselves.
When it was quite late, his disciples came to him and said, "This is a deserted place, and it's already late.
His disciples answered him, "From where could one satisfy these people with bread here in a deserted place?"
When it was day, He went out and made His way to a deserted place. But the crowds were searching for Him. They came to Him and tried to keep Him from leaving them.
Yet He often withdrew to deserted places and prayed.
For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For it had seized him many times, and he was bound with chains and shackles [and] was guarded, and breaking the bonds he would be driven by the demon into the deserted places.)
The apostles, when they had returned, told him what things they had done. He took them, and withdrew apart to a deserted place of a city called Bethsaida.
Late in the day, the Twelve approached and said to Him, "Send the crowd away, so they can go into the surrounding villages and countryside to find food and lodging, because we are in a deserted place here."
"Which one of you who has a hundred sheep, and loses one of them, would not leave the ninety-nine in a deserted place and go looking for the lost one until he finds it?
And the angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, Arise and go toward the south, on the way that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza, which is a deserted place.
- Called the Name of the Place (10 instances in 18 translations)
- Dwelling Place of the Wicked (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Heaven Your Dwelling Place (5 instances in 2 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- His Son Reigned in His Place (41 instances in 7 translations)
- Holy Place (306 instances in 39 translations)
- Minister in the Holy Place (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Ministering in the Holy Place (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Most Holy Place (38 instances in 19 translations)
- Name of that Place Was Called (5 instances in 14 translations)
- No Place For Them (3 instances in 20 translations)
- No Place To Lay His Head (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Place The Lord Will Choose (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Place Where the Lord Your God Chooses (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Place Which the Lord Chooses (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Prepare a Place (5 instances in 34 translations)
- Remote Place (12 instances in 6 translations)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Solitary Place (14 instances in 12 translations)
- Your Dwelling Place (29 instances in 13 translations)
- A Place For God's Name
- A Place Prepared
- Another's Burial Place
- Baptism, Places Used
- Bringing People Out Of Other Places
- Burials, Places Of
- Burying places
- Caves As Places Of Refuge
- Dry Places
- Empty Places
- Filling Places
- Foreigners In The Holy Places
- God Being Our Hiding Place
- High Places
- Most Holy Place
- Places To This Day
- Polluting Holy Places
- Rivers As Places Of Prayer
- Sacred Places
- Sacrificing On The High Places